hi everyone! i'm about to head to the Rock im Park festival for the first time and i have some questions for anyone who might knows:
1.whice one of the tickets presented in the offcial website should i buy just for the concarts+camping passes for all of the 4 days?
http://www.rock-im-park.com/tickets
2. is there any tent renting service that i might be able to use rather then just buying one?
3. if there isn't such a service, where anywhere around can i buy a tent in a reasonable price?
4. I've heard something about free public transportation around the city. is there any specific ticket i need to buy in order to use it?
5. is it wiser to get to the camping area a day in advance to find a decent spot?
i would appriciate a quick replay
Quote by willT08
If Rent-A-Tent doesn't exist nobody in the world is qualified to run a business

that is exactly what i thought! but nothing in the festival area
Quote by NirEk
hi everyone! i'm about to head to the Rock im Park festival for the first time and i have some questions for anyone who might knows:
1.whice one of the tickets presented in the offcial website should i buy just for the concarts+camping passes for all of the 4 days?
http://www.rock-im-park.com/tickets
2. is there any tent renting service that i might be able to use rather then just buying one?
3. if there isn't such a service, where anywhere around can i buy a tent in a reasonable price?
4. I've heard something about free public transportation around the city. is there any specific ticket i need to buy in order to use it?
5. is it wiser to get to the camping area a day in advance to find a decent spot?
i would appreciate a quick replay

I've been going there for 5 years now (well, 2 years Rock am Ring, and 3 years Rock im Park)

1. you want the €199,50 ticket. Campsite's are included (they are basically just a grass field)

2. You're better off buying a tent. there's good tents out there for about €30-40. If you treat it like a normal person would you can re-use tents for years and years.

3. Try supermarkets like Aldi, Lidl, or cheaper shops (don't know where you live, but in the Netherlands we have a store called "Action!" which has pretty good random stuff for very low prices)

4. The distance to the festival park itself is not far, so walking is your best option, otherwise, if you are on a campsite far away, you can get special festival bus/tram tickets for the entire weekend for a very low price (can't remember, but think it was around €5-15, and you can use it as much as u want)

5. It IS recommended to go the night before. Remember this year is an extra day longer because the festival exists 30 years this year, so you want to be there Wednesday afternoon at the latest.

Remember to bring enough money. I usually try to bring at least €200 because the food/drinks are expensive.
Me and my friends usually bring cans of soup and sausages and some bread, and bring a small camping stove to cook breakfast and stuff like that.
Don't bring beer unless you think like you can keep it cold for 3 days (a cool-box won't keep stuff cold for 3 days)

If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Feb 26, 2014,
thank you so much man! i appreciate your help!
i was busting my brain's especially on the ticket thing for days!
i do have a couple more followups
1. are there any fast food restaurantד maybe outside the festival area that i can go there and buy food rather then buy it in the food stands?
2. if i have no choise but to come to campsite on friday at the first day of the concerts, is there a risk we won't have a spot vacent to use?

sorry for all the questions i just want to be on the safe side here...
Quote by NirEk
thank you so much man! i appreciate your help!
i was busting my brain's especially on the ticket thing for days!
i do have a couple more followups
1. are there any fast food restaurantד maybe outside the festival area that i can go there and buy food rather then buy it in the food stands?
2. if i have no choise but to come to campsite on friday at the first day of the concerts, is there a risk we won't have a spot vacent to use?

sorry for all the questions i just want to be on the safe side here...

1. Every 5 years the festival celebrates their birthday (this year its their 30th)
This means the festival starts on Thursday night with a couple of concerts, instead of on a friday. I'd think that they will let Metallica go on that night.
5 years ago they let H-Blockx and Kiss take the Thursday.

you can take the tram into town and there's a lot of shops and restaurants there.

2. There's always a spot available, but you might have to search a bit more, or take a campsite further away from the festival park. as I said, it's just a grass field. there are no places marked, so everybody puts their tents anywhere.

Don't hesitate to ask anything else, I don't mind. Love talking about festivals <3
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Rock im park just released the following statement...

Der aktuelle Ticketpreis von 199,- Euro (Ring) und 195,- Euro (Park) ist noch bis einschließlich 28. Februar gültig. Ab 1. März kostet das Ring-Ticket 209,- Euro und das Park-Ticket 205,- Euro.

which translates to:

The current ticket price from 199, - EUR (Rock am Ring) and 195, - Euro (Rock im Park) is still valid up to and including 28 February. As of 1 March Rock am Ring-tickets will be €209,- and Rock im park will be ticket €205,-

Better get the tickets now to save a little cash

Edit: you we're right, it does start on Friday. I got mixed up with Rock am Ring, the counterfestival. Instead Rock im Park goes on a day longer
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
well it seems like the trip got cancelled :\
thank you for your help though! youv'e helped me alot!