Ibanez AS73-IV

Arrived yesterday, really impressed with it.
Should have been £360 from GAK but after a sale and an Amazon birthday voucher I managed to pick it up for £259, which frankly is a bargain.

It has a really great feel, and has some serious volume when played unplugged. Only got around to plugging it into my amp tonight (Bugera 333XL half), on clean it has a really organic acoustic sound which none of my solid bodies can quite achieve. On the crunch channel it had a really nice Black Keys esque sound but still retains that acoustic hint. I decided to put it through the Lead channel with the metal settings I use with my Charvel just to see if it could handle it and was really pleasantly surprised. I was expecting it to sound messy and overly distorted, it didn't sound anywhere near as heavy as my other guitars but what it did have was a really crisp but dirty blues sound, nothing like what I was expecting. I never thought i'd ever be running it through the lead channel, but it turns out it really works well. It sounds utterly filthy, just what I wanted.
It really has it all and is by far and wide the most versatile guitar I own. It's not quite capable of metal, but that's not what I bought it for. It covers almost anything else I can throw at it with ease, and then some.
As for the playability of it the action is perfect, although the strings it came with need swapping out for something a bit thicker, it currently feels like a standard set of 10s but I'm used to using 10-60s. It has a good weight to it, doesn't feel cheap and nasty and sits well on a strap. The only let down i've found so far is the strap pins, my locks don't fit on them so I'll have to replace them with a proper locking set.

I'd put up more photos but I've not gotten around to taking any, I just snapped this one straight out of the box.

Love it
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Always a solid choice! Love the white finish. HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Nanobotter
I believe your guitar is semi hollow XD

Ha, this is true.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Dude, semi-hollows are the bombdiggity. They are the most versatile guitars you can own. If I had the option I'd carve resonating chambers into all of my guitars. Anyway, beautiful guitar. Looks a lot like my Washburn one ( that can handle metal just fine, thank you), white finish notwithstanding. Jealous.
Nice. Suits the decor too
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
yeah those ibanez artcores are a great value. ive thought about getting a mid - low tier one just to satisfy any craving i have to play a hollow body and pretend i am gary clark jr or something.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Used to have an AS73, great guitar. HNGD!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
HNGD , Diversity is a good thing
My newest addition,
2007 Dean Cadi-KILL (Cannibal Corpse) Rob Barrett Signature model to see more of my gear visit my profile.
I loved my old AS73 and always regretted selling it. HNGD!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt