I have owned an ESP LTD XTONE PS-1 for about 3 years now, the Neck pickup finally gave out and I am in need of an upgade. First time attempting an upgrade.

Things I know:
•Set-Neck Construction
•Mahogany Body
•Maple Neck
•Rosewood Fingerboard
•ESP Tuners
•TOM Bridge & Tailpiece
•Neck Volume
•Bridge Volume
•Neck Tone
•Bridge Tone
•3-Way Toggle
*Semi-Hollow

Sound Looking for:

Well I like to consider myself a Blues/Rock player. Is like B.B. King meets U2, these would be my two most favorite tones I would want in my Semi-Hollow Guitar. Now, I know it may not be possible to get them pitch perfect, but the closer I can get, the better. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I was looking into DiMarzio Pickups and narrowed it down to 2:

Neck: D-Activator DP 219
Bridge: Air Zone DP 192
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
@dannyalcatraz

So I checked them out and decided to go with the Golden Age Parsons Street Humbuckers
Alnico 5 neck and Alnico 2 bridge

They were just right on my price range and on the tone I am looking for, just wish they had an audio sample, but we'll see once these babies are installed.

Thank man - very helpfull websites.
@King Turi - Thanks for the vids, it just made me more confident on my purchase. Much Appreciated.
Golden Age are used- alongside SDs, DiMarzios and others as part of his standard options by a luthier I buy from, and are in fact in one of the best guitars I own. You will probably be quite happy.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 27, 2014,