Hey guys, so right now Ive been playing guitar through my practice bass amp - a Fender rumble 15. I do want to start playing on a guitar amp and was wondering if getting like a Fender Mustang 1 V2 would be an upgrade? I'm interested in using the amp models and Reverb mostly. Also, I saw a used Vox AD15VT for $100 and was wondering if that's better.
I know tube amps are much better and that I should just save up for like a $200-300 small tube amp but I don't think I'll be getting any extra money to spend on guitar gear for a bit so my $50 amazon gift card and an extra $50-70 is all I can spend at the moment. So if you guys could suggest me anything, it would be greatly appreciated!

Tl;dr: suggest me a practice amp for $100-120

Also, as a side question, when I put a capo on my guitar, say capo 4, all the strings are way too sharp. However, if I fret the 4th fret, the strings are in tune. Anyone know what is wrong with t
Are you putting the capo on the fret wire?

Do you have to buy the amp on amazon??
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Fender Mustang 1 V2 would be an upgrade?

Yes. The Mustang probably has the best Reverbs out of the big four budget modellers (Mustang, Vypyr, VT and Spider).
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
That's the way you evaluate an amp? How good the reverb is? You, my friend, get one of these:
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yamaha THR series, regular, classic, or the High Gain, depending on your preferences, you won't find a better amp for 300 bucks that can do as much. Has reverb, delay, phaser, flanger, and tremolo, highly editable with the free software. Amazing amp, with authentic tube emulation. Amazing little amps, really all you need for bedroom/house jamming.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
^^

I think his budget is $100, including a $50 amazon gc?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by Cathbard
That's the way you evaluate an amp? How good the reverb is? You, my friend, get one of these:

Sorry if it sounded like that, but that's not what I meant.
I was just saying that Reverb is important for me at the moment since I play worship type stuff so Reverb and delay is a large portion of the sound. I don't want to throw $120 on a HoF Reverb pedal so I figured if I was to get a new amp that I get one with decent Reverb built it.
I apologize for the confusion

Quote by red.guitar

Do you have to buy the amp on amazon??

Yes and basically yes.

I'm starting to lean towards the Mustang, also because of the ability to record directly from the amp to the computer..
But against the Vox Ad15vt, which would be able to sound better with some overdrive pedals going into it?
On this budget, it'll be pretty much the same quality to be honest. You can go either with Mustang or Vox.
Quote by _ThePanda_
Quote by red.guitar

Yes.

You shouldn't.
The capo is positioned right above/next to the fret wire, the same way as you fret with the fingers. Like this:

Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
You shouldn't.
The capo is positioned right above/next to the fret wire, the same way as you fret with the fingers. Like this:

That's what I did before except maybe a little closer to the middle of two frets, then I was told to try putting it as close to the fret wire as possible until it was almost on it.
Either way the notes are still sharp
It really doesn't matter where you put the capo on the fret, it can be next to the wire, or in the middle, that's kind of a misunderstanding on how frets work.

I think your intonation might be out.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I think you should try another capo. I had an old capo that wasn't pushing on the frets properly because the pad had become worn and had indents of the strings.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Sounds to me it could be an inotation issue. Take it to a decent guitar tech for a set up.

And/or could be a cheap capo squeezing the strings too tightly.

Take it for a set up, a good guitar tech will make it play like a new guitar. I love getting mine back from the guy i take it to
The capo is a new Kyser Capo (I've used a silver one for the past 2 years on my acoustic until it broke recently).
I've used it on an acoustic and it didn't make the strings go as sharp as it does on my electric.

And I don't think it's an intonation issue because when I play an open E7 chord (I think that's what you'd call it 0-7-9-9-0-0 ) it sounds fine. But if I were to say, put on the capo on the 7th fret and play an A chord, then all the strings would be sharp.

Also I read up how to check if your intonation was off and I tuned each string and played the 12th fret of each string and they're almost the same according to my TU-3.