I'm trying to decide which electric guitar to get. I'm deciding between the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster and Ibanze RG350DXZ. I'm mainly playing Hard Rock and little heavy metal. Is the Ibanze RG350DXZ only for heavy metal or can you also play hard rock too? Because I that the Ibanze RG350DXZ too strong for Hard Rock.
Here's another question. Will you be able to live without the two extra frets or do you really need them?
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Both guitars can play heavy metal and hard rock. There's no such thing as a guitar exclusive to one genre of music. If you believe that the RG's pickups might be "too strong" for hard rock, then you should take into account that your amp settings will have more affect your tone far more than your pickups will.

That being said, I suggest you sit down with both guitars for an hour and fiddle around with them. Think about what you like from each one (playability, comfort, extra frets, tone, etc...) Come back another week and do the same thing and see if your opinions have changed then choose the one that you really honestly love to play more.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Quote by Jack2244
I'm trying to decide which electric guitar to get. I'm deciding between the Fender Blacktop Stratocaster and Ibanze RG350DXZ. I'm mainly playing Hard Rock and little heavy metal. Is the Ibanze RG350DXZ only for heavy metal or can you also play hard rock too? Because I that the Ibanze RG350DXZ too strong for Hard Rock.

while the Ibanez pickups might not produce crystal clear cleans they certainly aren't to "strong" for anything. as mentioned it's just as much about your amp settings. I play hard rock and older metal and use a SSS strat for a lot of it. works fine despite what some might feel are to "weak" pickups. I also use a BC Rich Eagle for blues in place of a Les Paul and it works fine for that to despite the fact that most consider BC Rich to be a "metal" brand. all in what you do with it.

seems like whether you want a locking trem or not would be more of an issue. also the ibby has a very thing neck so is that what you want? the fender's pickups are more geared toward rock than metal per se. of course with an amp capable of producing the hard rock metal tones you seek all should be good. throw in an overdrive and you're good.
Honestly, the best thing to do would be to sit down with both and figure out which ones you find most comfortable. Either will hit the genres you want well. If you're looking to specialize, you'd have to change the pickups in either of them eventually, so I would go with what you think will fit your hand the best in the long run.