I have two Sunn Model 1 Speakers. They are both passive. I need a power amp for them but I don't know what kind. On the back of one speaker it says "System Impedance 18 Ohms" and under that "Continuous Power 50w". Any help is greatly appreciated or even if someone could find me a power amp online that would work and post the link. Thank you!
Would be a lot easier to find you one if we knew where you live and how much you have to spend. What are you going to be using as a preamp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 26, 2014,
Why would it be easier to know where I live and my price range...? And I'm not using a preamp per se, I'm using a behringer xenyx 802 mixer.
Those are for bass players, so I'm guessing you play bass. There's a bass section on the forums you can post in there.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
I'm a guitar player but they were given to me so I figured I'd try to use them. I'm just wondering about how ohms and watts work. If each speaker is 50w and 16 ohms then should my power amp be 100w and 8ohms or 50w and 8ohms?
Quote by BreakingSeven
I'm a guitar player but they were given to me so I figured I'd try to use them. I'm just wondering about how ohms and watts work. If each speaker is 50w and 16 ohms then should my power amp be 100w and 8ohms or 50w and 8ohms?

100w at 8ohms if the speakers are ran in parallel.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by BreakingSeven
Why would it be easier to know where I live and my price range...? And I'm not using a preamp per se, I'm using a behringer xenyx 802 mixer.
Are you ****ing serious? Your location and budget have no impact on choice? How could they not be a factor?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah TS, prices vary widely area to area, it does us no good to recommend something you don't have the cash for or something that is not available in your area of the world.

We aren't trying to stalk you, besides, there are people smart enough here that if we decided to do such we wouldn't need that info. anyway.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.