So, I'm looking for a new 7-string guitar to buy. And I obviously play metal/rock (The progressive kind), so I need a wide versatility from the guitar.
So far I've found these 2 models to be the most interesting ones.
Can anyone tell me their opinions on them? Or is there another guitar I should check out?
I still havent played on any of them myself, but have read alot about them. (Not a super fan of EMGs, but that could change).

Thanks

Other relevant info:
probably going to tune it dow to drop Ab, so I want a longer neck (like 26.5").
I play through a pod hd500.
I'm not interested in a Floyd rose or anything like it.
And preferably just a volume knob and a switch, the fewer knobs the better
Last edited by Rememb at Feb 26, 2014,
Just tried out a Hellraiser. Pretty sweet. Good action, wide neck on the 6 string. Check out the Ibanez Iron Lable. Not sure about scale size but they have 7 & 8 string models. Wide neck with thin radius. EMG or DiMarzio pu's and with or without the Floyd. Same price range as Schecter. Jackson has a 7 string Soloist. I think Jackson is the smoothest feeling one but 25.5" scale.
I'd get the Hellraiser and do the 18v mod on the EMG's. A seven year old could do the mod yet it makes such a huge difference.

EMG 18v > Blackouts imo

But that's only if you're completely set on getting a Shecter. I personally think they're overrated.

I'd get something else like a Jackson pro series 7.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 26, 2014,
I cant aeem to find an Atx Blackjack here in Stockholm, though I know a shop that has the SLS Blackjack in store. is it worth checking out?
Also, I played on 2 7string Ibanez yesterday. the models were Rg1527 and RGIX27FEQM. any opinions ön those?
The Hellraiser has EMG 707TWs, so it will be way, way more versatile than the Blackjack, as the TWs split into true single coils (not coil tap bullshit).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Rememb
arent EMGs known för always sounding the same? in comparison to the blackouts that is

Do you mean that EMG pickups make all guitars sound the same?

Nope. Myth.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Do you mean that EMG pickups make all guitars sound the same?

Nope. Myth.

oh, well thats nice, though Ive heard that they dont handle clean very well.

Right now im looking åt a SLS C7 A. i played it today, and its rad! i really like the blackouts
Quote by Rememb

Right now im looking åt a SLS C7 A. i played it today, and its rad! i really like the blackouts

SLS has a thin neck while Hellraiser and Blackjack have fatter neck (not totally fat, but fatter than SLS). That would be a very important thing to me if I'd have to decide which one to get.
Quote by Rememb

It is worth pointing out that the 18v mod on the EMG's does improve their cleans quite significantly. It doesn't get rid of their high output, but it does improve their headroom, which makes their cleans more usable.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by JackovSlayer
SLS has a thin neck while Hellraiser and Blackjack have fatter neck (not totally fat, but fatter than SLS). That would be a very important thing to me if I'd have to decide which one to get.

I was actually really worried about the neck, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it alot
Im not really comfortable on most Ibanez necks (Which tends to be thin) but the SLS neck was sweet.
Quote by Rememb
I was actually really worried about the neck, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it alot
Im not really comfortable on most Ibanez necks (Which tends to be thin) but the SLS neck was sweet.

Yeah, get whatever works for you. When buying guitar I wouldn't worry about pickups and that kind of stuff because that can easily be changed later, I would be more focused on getting guitar that I feel comfortable playing.