I had the classic 50 for a long time and I loved it. I got rid of it a while back and now I need another amp.The bugera is in the price range and sounds like it would be close to the samu type of amp. Could anyone compair the two as far as tone, sound or volume?
The peavey is a better amp. I did really like the Bugera BC30, but the V55 was pretty mediocre. I think the V22 is better than the V55 personally
Give us:
Budget?
location?
new or used?
do you gig or home use?
what is your current gear (if you have any)?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 26, 2014,
Well, budget is $400. I had a schecter XXX stolen and was so frustrated I sold my other gear. I now have a couple acoustics and just bought a cheap jackson (thinking that any decent money should be spent on the amp). Actually, the only reason I bought the electric was to play rocksmith. It's a pretty cool game by the way.
I need an amp that will let me play with a band. My group has been getting together on and off for 20 years or so. We play anything you could imagine, SRV, cream, Metallica, STP, greenday, neil young, old crow, well everything. I would like New for the warranty. I'm in central indiana..
I'd say both the classic 50 and the v55 would do, though you're probably better off getting the new v22, combo or head depending on what you prefer.

Or you could get an egnater rebel...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Well, price is a concern. The classic 50 is just too much right now. Isn't the egnator less wattage? I will look into the V
Jet City JCA50
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by eoj02
Isn't the egnator less wattage?
20w or 30w, and you'll most likely be able to reharse with a drummer even with the 20w one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Classic 50 is a great amp. I regret selling mine. You can find them cheap enough that I wouldn't bother with Bugera.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
I do band practice's with a 20 watt Krank 1980Jr it keeps up just fine with a full (loud) band.

You might do well looking at a used Peavey Ultra combo, they run $300 or less used
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
Jet City JCA50

I think that amp is selling back up at 699 now. That 299 deal was INSANE!
Quote by cheesefries
I think that amp is selling back up at 799 now. That 299 deal was INSANE!

still a great amp even at regular price

but yeah it was all I could do not to buy one at that price. I should have just bought one and made $200 profit on ebay
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yea, the rice jumped back up. I just went for a used bugera from MF. I'll run it through its paces as soon as I get it. Hopefully it will do. I would have loved to get something better but that is all I could spend. So, we will see. If it isn't up to snuff, ill save some more. Thanks for your help.
I would never buy a used Bugera. I owned one and way too many issues to buy used.

You could have lit the money on fire and been better off
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Huh, well, I have 30 days to return so I guess I'd better keep the receipt.. If this doesn't work out, I will be holding out for a peavey 5150 or something like that. I would rather not just burn the money.
Quote by Robbgnarly
I would never buy a used Bugera. I owned one and way too many issues to buy used.

You could have lit the money on fire and been better off

I'd rather buy used, the problems are potentially fixed (as was the case with my Bug) and at least you know what problems it has, versus the mystery of a new Bug.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
I have no experience with Bugera's but I do know Peavey Classic's are built to last. And very heavy.
I was sorely disappointed by the V series Bugera. I tried time and time again to like them, but it just never happened. I LOVE the Peavey classics though. Much clearer, nicer sound.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan