I did a reverse chord search but found nothing on these chords. They look like a different version of power chords. Can any one shed light on this please? Thanks

X3x55x
X5x77X
X(10)X(12)(12)X
Each one is made of a root note, an octave of that root note, and a major third interval above that octave. You're looking at a major diad, or a major triad/chord without the fifth. If you move the shape to different strings, you get a different set of intervals, though, so be wary that your harmony will change if you do so.
You might could use some double modals.
C major, D major, and G major.

This should be pretty easy, and if you can't figure it out I strongly encourage you to study chord construction. None of these chords have fifths in them, but fifths get dropped pretty often. But you will generally hear this sort of Root-Octave-Third as a major chord even without the fifth.

You're playing roots on the fifth and third strings, and a third on the second string. You might notice that this is just a partial of a typical A-shaped bar chord, which should have helped you figure it out.
Quote by AETHERA
Each one is made of a root note, an octave of that root note, and a major third interval above that octave. You're looking at a major diad, or a major triad/chord without the fifth. If you move the shape to different strings, you get a different set of intervals, though, so be wary that your harmony will change if you do so.

So like you would label a power chord C5 D5 G5... what would these be labeled?

I wouldnt be moving strings, just advancing up and down the fretboard. For the current song I'm working on, I play the C D G D C version of these chords as a dynamic off the chorus.
Last edited by MistaChy at Feb 26, 2014,
Quote by MistaChy
So like you would label a power chord C5 D5 G5... what would these be labeled?

I wouldnt be moving strings, just advancing up and down the fretboard. For the current song I'm working on, I play the C D G D C version of these chords as a dynamic off the chorus.

Might call them X major (no 5)

C (no 5)

Best,

Sean
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
We do have a Name That Chord sticky, you know...

Yep.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud