I'm planning to buy one of these guitars. I'm rather confused about the one to buy, my main preference is that it has to have a thin neck. I'm not able to find any of the above said guitar at my local store to test and have a feel of it, so can anyone suggest me some pros and cons and solve my dilemma.

Update: Thank you guys, i got myself a ESP EC-50.
Last edited by cvaditya at Mar 27, 2014,
The EC-50 and EX-50 are essentially the same guitar. Just a different body shape.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Yup. Same 50 serie LTD guitars, same pickups but different body shapes. The neck on my LTD F-50 is comfortably thin. About same as in my Jackson Rhoads guitar. If you want super thin necks also check Ibanez.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
The EX will get you way more chicks.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
To me, there are a lot of better options out there than those guitars. Are you willing to try some others?
In all honesty, evmac is right. When you get that low in the LTDs, quality starts to suffer. Not sure what other options you have in India, though.
Quote by MaaZeus
Yup. Same 50 serie LTD guitars, same pickups but different body shapes. The neck on my LTD F-50 is comfortably thin. About same as in my Jackson Rhoads guitar. If you want super thin necks also check Ibanez.

Does Ibanez have single cutaway with super thin necks around this(ec-50 & ex-50) price range ?
Quote by evmac
To me, there are a lot of better options out there than those guitars. Are you willing to try some others?

Sure why not. My specific preference's are:
1. Super Thin Neck
2. Single Cutaway or Explorer
3. I don't want super jumbo frets(as i have small hands and thin fingers)
4. Price Range $300-$400

BTW I play mostly Thrash Metal, Alter Bridge, Slash, Alice & Chains, avenged sevenfold and Lamb of God.
Last edited by cvaditya at Feb 27, 2014,
What about Thomann? Do they ship to you?
http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_js32_kelly_bk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_js32t_kelly_wh.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_gothic_explorer_bundle.htm

Not sure about the price exchange, but these are all under 400 euro.
Quote by ryanbwags
When you get that low in the LTDs, quality starts to suffer.

This is true with all brands in this price range. Low end LTD, Jackson JS, whatever they all have their QC issues. In my opinion LTDs are actually quite decent when it comes to budget range.

You can do better if you go used but that kind of depends what is available and where you live.

Does Ibanez have single cutaway with super thin necks around this(ec-50 & ex-50) price range ?

I dont really know. Ibanez does have LP style guitars but I dont know if they have some in budget price range. Ibanez has a bad fetish with super strat shape, 90% of their guitars are those.

What about Thomann? Do they ship to you?

Im pretty sure Thomann would but you have to remember taxes. India is not exactly an EU country.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus

I dont really know. Ibanez does have LP style guitars but I dont know if they have some in budget price range. Ibanez has a bad fetish with super strat shape, 90% of their guitars are those.

They do make the Destroyer and the Iceman. I don't know how hard those would be to find over there, though.
Quote by ryanbwags
They do make the Destroyer and the Iceman. I don't know how hard those would be to find over there, though.

And Xiphos, the Warrior/Stealth shaped guitar, which is unfortunately now discontinued. Thomann carries none of those shapes. The special Ibanez guitars are not really common, they are all buried under the hundred different superstrat models.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by cvaditya

I tried Ibanez ART 120 once and it was a great guitar for the price in my opinion. But the neck is not thin on those.
The low-end LTD guitars are really not that great if your looking to drop some cash on a guitar and keep it for a while. They are more of an entry level guitar to learn on but definately not past that.

Their hardware is sub par, the pickups sound like mud and it doesn't take much before the pots are playing snap crackle pop. Also if you choose one with a trem it tends to be a licensed version versus the real deal. These are serious deal breakers with some people.

Now there are some positives. The bodies are solid and have a good heft to them. The necks are good and thin. But that's about it.

I have an LTD MF model that I learned on. The paint is amazing but the rest of it is rubbish.

Save up for something that is stable and has room for growth. Not some basswood bargain crap guitar
Quote by RustedWithin
The low-end LTD guitars are really not that great if your looking to drop some cash on a guitar and keep it for a while. They are more of an entry level guitar to learn on but definately not past that.

Their hardware is sub par, the pickups sound like mud and it doesn't take much before the pots are playing snap crackle pop. Also if you choose one with a trem it tends to be a licensed version versus the real deal. These are serious deal breakers with some people.

And all those apply to any other brand in this price range. Cheap tuners, wood that was not accepted for higher range models, cheap pots, licensed tinfloyd if there is one, average pickups. LTD is no different in that regard. What matters is how the quality control has gone in the particular guitar one is going to buy, if there are any obvious flaws and such. If you want better wood, finish and parts you have to pay more. Thing is does TS have money for better one.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
If you want better wood, finish and parts you have to pay more. Thing is does TS have money for better one.

Couldn't have said it better.
See what you think about the Greg Bennett single cutaways on bajaoo. The singer in my last band played a black AV-7 and he loved it. May need some hotter pickups down the road, but it was a nice solid guitar he gigged with regularly. Its right in the middle of your price range.
Quote by MaaZeus
And all those apply to any other brand in this price range. Cheap tuners, wood that was not accepted for higher range models, cheap pots, licensed tinfloyd if there is one, average pickups. LTD is no different in that regard. What matters is how the quality control has gone in the particular guitar one is going to buy, if there are any obvious flaws and such. If you want better wood, finish and parts you have to pay more. Thing is does TS have money for better one.

ok. i can go uptill $450 price mark. On another note, I've just entered into the intermediate phase of my guitar playing (in the genre of metal) with my 100$ cheap Java Strat, I'm fed up with it's buzzing and bad trem so i'm shifting to a better guitar when compared to my strat.
Quote by ryanbwags
See what you think about the Greg Bennett single cutaways on bajaoo. The singer in my last band played a black AV-7 and he loved it. May need some hotter pickups down the road, but it was a nice solid guitar he gigged with regularly. Its right in the middle of your price range.

Ok. i hope it's good for playing metal, because i always end up playing Thrash metal songs when practicing or gigging BTW i can go till $450 (30,000 INR), so if it's possible more suggestions/advice are welcome
Quote by cvaditya
Ok. i hope it's good for playing metal, because i always end up playing Thrash metal songs when practicing or gigging BTW i can go till $450 (30,000 INR), so if it's possible more suggestions/advice are welcome

this may not even really help, but go on music123.com and see what you like (you can name your price range) and select price range and see what you like. obviosly you won't get a good price getting it there. you may find something that you didnt' know about.

once you found what you see, see if it is available to you. any site would work.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by cvaditya

INR is the same as Rs in Furtados shop, right?

Check these.
http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Cort-electric-guitar-z-44-h-h-black-207270.html
http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Cort-electric-guitar-cr280-h-h-vintage-burst-207239.html
http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Cort-electric-guitar-cr250-trans-black-cr250-tbk-205781.html

I have the Cort EVL-Z4 which is around same range as these and its amazing guitar. Frets are perfect, no sharp ends and leveled well enough that I can keep action quite low. The EMG HZ pickups on the first one (also came with my Z4) are not something I am fan of but thats a small matter and easily fixed later. The latter ones (CR280 being the higher end model) are more classic rock oriented but they are perfectly capable or Thrashing. Personally I would propably go for the CR280 and change the pickups after year or two.

I find the pricing on that site mighty confusing. There are cheaper and more expensive models scattered around in different price ranges. You find more expensive 50 serie LTDs and cheaper 100 serie LTDs and so on. Are they pulling the prices out of their asses or something?

*edit* I completely forgot you wanted thing neck. The necks on above Corts are C necks, not thin but not baseball bat either. A happy medium if you will. Thicker than LTDs but not exactly big-ass Gibson neck.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 28, 2014,
Quote by cvaditya
The indian sites which sell guitar online are http://www.bajaao.com/
and http://www.furtadosonline.com/. could you please check and recommend me. My price range in Indian rupees is 20000-25000

I looked through your site and the LTD EC-50 is probably the best you're going to do.

If you can stretch to Rs. 32,225, the EC-200 is a much nicer guitar though. http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Esp-electric-guitar-ltd-ec-series-ec-200-qm-see-through-black-132386.html It has a proper set neck, which makes a big difference in feel.

There's also an Ibanez ART120, but it probably won't have a slimmer neck than the LTD. http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Ibanez-electric-guitar-art120-transparent-red-flat-202722.html

Keep in mind that even the LTD's neck is not that slim. If you really want a super flat neck, you're going to have to get a super strat shape. single cutaway shapes often have thicker necks in an attempt to closer emulate Gibsons etc..
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 28, 2014,
Quote by Offworld92
I looked through your site and the LTD EC-50 is probably the best you're going to do.

If you can stretch to Rs. 32,225, the EC-200 is a much nicer guitar though. http://www.furtadosonline.com/product/Esp-electric-guitar-ltd-ec-series-ec-200-qm-see-through-black-132386.html It has a proper set neck, which makes a big difference in feel.

The Corts I recommended are better than 50 serie LTDs. I know because I own one, both LTD 50 and midrange Cort. They are actually more expensive here than those LTDs but are in same price range in that Indian shop so that pretty much automatically makes them better buy as far as bang for the buck is concerned.

The 200 serie LTD may be a different story though. *edit* And I completely forgot about the thin neck thing. Damnit.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 28, 2014,
Up to you really. The Corts I mentioned (particularly CR280) are better guitars from step higher price range but the LTD has thinner neck.

Personally I would go for Cort and screw the neck thickness. While thin necks are called "faster" in reality its just and all about comfort, what feels best to your hands. While some people are really picky about their necks and get issues with everything but their preferred thickness I personally dont give a rats ass and I can play with both thin and medium necks after few seconds of rehabilitation between each. I switch between my LTD and my Cort many times a day.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Mar 3, 2014,
Quote by MaaZeus
Up to you really. The Corts I mentioned (particularly CR280) are better guitars from step higher price range but the LTD has thinner neck.

Personally I would go for Cort and screw the neck thickness. While thin necks are called "faster" in reality its just and all about comfort, what feels best to your hands. While some people are really picky about their necks and get issues with everything but their preferred thickness I personally dont give a rats ass and I can play with both thin and medium necks after few seconds of rehabilitation between each. I switch between my LTD and my Cort many times a day.

Thanks for the advice
Thank you guys, i got myself a ESP EC-50. I have a doubt about the usage of knobs though. What do the three Knobs do ? and when can i get a semi-clean tone when in distorted mode by just flipping the toggle switch ?
Quote by cvaditya
Thank you guys, i got myself a ESP EC-50. I have a doubt about the usage of knobs though. What do the three Knobs do ? and when can i get a semi-clean tone when in distorted mode by just flipping the toggle switch ?

You may want to edit the top of your original post. People tend to not read threads, and will come in here and still give you suggestions.

The three knobs on the EC are Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, and Tone.

How dynamic your guitar can be will largely be determined by your amp. Usually to get a cleaner tone, you roll down the volume of the pickup you're using. Switching to one or the other is usually done when you need less highs (neck) or more highs (bridge).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You may want to edit the top of your original post. People tend to not read threads, and will come in here and still give you suggestions.

The three knobs on the EC are Neck Volume, Bridge Volume, and Tone.

How dynamic your guitar can be will largely be determined by your amp. Usually to get a cleaner tone, you roll down the volume of the pickup you're using. Switching to one or the other is usually done when you need less highs (neck) or more highs (bridge).

Thanks for the info