Hello,

Im receiving a JCA50H this week and have been gathering info on valve change.
Let me start by saying that I simply dont know any tech details whatsoever.

So, I suppose I should look into these for the pres:
https://www.tubedepot.com/products/jj-ecc803s-hi-performance-12ax7-gold-pin-preamp-vacuum-tube

And these for the power section, right?
https://www.tubedepot.com/products/jj-kt66-power-vacuum-tube

is this a good combination of glass?

Thanks,
Ill be looking forward for lots of opinions.

Regards,
Ricardo
^KT66 will work it in it just fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The 12AX7s don't really have to have gold plated pins
Anyway, 5 of these for the pre and a pair of 6L6/KT66/5881 for the power amp, though the stock ones are 6L6s.
Tungsol, JJ, EHX, whatever...

And if you wanna put some more money in it, JAN GE and JAN Philipps are sweeeeeeeeet...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 26, 2014,
I have been reading so many posts on this that its confusing for some one who does not know the basics on tubes
Quote by INBLUT
I have been reading so many posts on this that its confusing for some one who does not know the basics on tubes

Fair enough

Your amp can run the KT-66's just fine, but they will not look or sound the same as the tubes already in your amp. You don't have to bias your amp since I think it's like most peavey's, fixed bias really cold so you wont risk redplating tubes. So it's pretty much just plug and play with tubes.

I'd stick with the 6l6's until you learn more about your amp and how you want to change the tone of it. Always best to start from the beginning instead of jumping into the middle of your learning curve.

That's just my opinion though.