Do you ever feel something different during a song sometimes which doesn't match the lyrical theme?

I mean, for eg. Sometimes, when I listen/perform to NIN Wish, I get into this enjoyable mood. Really euphoric. The completely opposite of the lyrics. I used to live out the lyrics, but sometimes they become meaningless.

I would do this a lot when I was younger. Especially us kids together in school. We would cheerfully sing something that was very serious, oblivious to the actual message. eg. Linkin Park's Numb.

I try not to do that anymore because I consider it very immature. But I find that I can really enjoy some songs when I get into a cheerful mindset even if it's sad or serious.

Any similar experiences?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Last edited by shawnkenneth at Feb 26, 2014,
Many times, but I couldn't give an example right now.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
It's a fairly common thing to do in music. If you think about stuff like Blues, Soul and Funk, a lot of songs would be fairly up-tempo and energetic, but have relatively dark and depressing lyrics.

One of the better examples I can think of is 'Killing Floor' by Howlin' Wolf, which of course most people would have heard one version or another of this song since both Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix have covered it. I guess a more modern example would be something like 'Struck Down' by Clutch or 'The Day I Tried to Live' by Soundgarden.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Well now I'm gonna have to listen to Dopethrone, I hope you're happy.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by soundgarden1986
this song makes me happy af
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxDgUtzQ8Y

one of my favorites from that album.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst