Hey all

One of the biggest questions about the Jet City Amplifiers we all love is can they do clean? Long story short I finally pulled the trigger on a JCA22H in december after GASing for one for a year. It arrived a week later from Thomann and I've barely been able to turn that thing off since then, I absolutely love it.

I was fooling around with some John Mayer and U2 tonight on a nice clean tone with my Fender Road Worn 50's tele so I decided to record a couple of clips on my Galaxy S4.

The rig:

I apologize for me ridiculously loud breathing (I've got a cold) and the crappy quality but you get the idea of how clean it sounds.

Neck pickup of tele -> Clark Gainster as clean boost -> JCA22H
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uftzjf5dcrf5u86/Slow%20dancing%20in%20a%20burning%20room.m4a

Middle position of tele -> Clark Gainster as clean boost -> JCA22H
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lo36b1nag4yqts/Belief.m4a

Bridge position of tele -> JCA 22H
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ayc4gsacf09t3f/In%20a%20little%20while.m4a

Just to clarify I am not trying to show off my guitar playing abilities (which are pretty limited btw :P), I'm simply showing you that the JCA22 can do clean for sure!

-Jon
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Feb 27, 2014,
Links don't work.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Links don't work.

Sorry bout that, fixed
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Quote by Dimarzio45
How's that Joyo pedal working out for you?

Works just fine, I bought one a while ago but never bonded with it so I got rid of it quickly. I decided to give it another chance as a boost for the overdrive channel and it's actually pretty good. I however just received another Clark Gainster so I don't know if it'll stay on my board much longer, 2 Gainsters are just sick :P

Edit: I had a few Joyo pedals when I started gathering pedals and all of them have worked fine, no issues at all. I've had the Vintage Overdrive, 2 Ultimate Drives, Sweet Baby Overdrive, Digital Delay. All sounded good and worked fine but were sold off to fund higher end pedals.
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Feb 26, 2014,
awesome dude, sounds good especially with a camera mic. How are the cleans in person? They remind me of an "orange" type clean ya know?
Quote by LedZepFan2000
awesome dude, sounds good especially with a camera mic. How are the cleans in person? They remind me of an "orange" type clean ya know?

I really like e in person and I've kept up with a drummer just fine with a decent clean tone. I have SD jazz and custom 5 in my ltd ec1000 and it struggles to keep clean on the bridge with gain over 1 but it's workable. I had a Rocker 30 before this one and I like the JC cleans alot better.

I imagine JCA50 would have no trouble keeping clean with humbuckers so these amps are underrated for cleans.
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Nice

I think the problem with the JC cleans is the headroom at higher volumes. I can get passable "rock" cleans out of mine, but I'm not exactly cranking mine.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Nice

I think the problem with the JC cleans is the headroom at higher volumes. I can get passable "rock" cleans out of mine, but I'm not exactly cranking mine.

Yea, that might be a problem. I've never tried to be THIS clean with a drummer but had no problem getting a nice clean with my LTD, master wasn't cranked though, probably at around 4, we were in a tiny space.
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
I really liked this. Gonna try it this weekend, when I've got a power cord for mine.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by jonthorsigmunds
Works just fine, I bought one a while ago but never bonded with it so I got rid of it quickly. I decided to give it another chance as a boost for the overdrive channel and it's actually pretty good. I however just received another Clark Gainster so I don't know if it'll stay on my board much longer, 2 Gainsters are just sick :P

Edit: I had a few Joyo pedals when I started gathering pedals and all of them have worked fine, no issues at all. I've had the Vintage Overdrive, 2 Ultimate Drives, Sweet Baby Overdrive, Digital Delay. All sounded good and worked fine but were sold off to fund higher end pedals.

Sweet, thanks for the response. I was on the fence about buying a couple Joyo pedals but, I realized that I would do the same - just buy higher end pedals in the long run. However, I still hear pretty good things about them. Hell, for $40, it's worth a shot for a lot of players.
Neck pickup sounds great. Haven't been able to try the 22 yet, are the cleans improved from the 20?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Neck pickup sounds great. Haven't been able to try the 22 yet, are the cleans improved from the 20?

As far as I know the 22 is just the 20 with an OD channel.
Edit: wasn't there a Jet City thread?

Edit2: Found it. It'd be nice if you posted your clips there, I guess.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346646&page=23&pp=40
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by Dimarzio45
Sweet, thanks for the response. I was on the fence about buying a couple Joyo pedals but, I realized that I would do the same - just buy higher end pedals in the long run. However, I still hear pretty good things about them. Hell, for $40, it's worth a shot for a lot of players.

Sure is worth it, even if they fail you're only out like 40$. I also suggest buying them from **********.com or ********.com they have US warehouses so shipping is a breeze and they have the lowest prices I've seen around (32$ for a lot of the standard pedals)

Quote by MatrixClaw

AFAIK the 22 and 20 have the exact same clean channel.

Quote by AtaBorMan
Edit2: Found it. It'd be nice if you posted your clips there, I guess. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...6&page=23&pp=40

I'll post them there for sure!
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by jonthorsigmunds
Yea, that might be a problem. I've never tried to be THIS clean with a drummer but had no problem getting a nice clean with my LTD, master wasn't cranked though, probably at around 4, we were in a tiny space.

yeah

Quote by Dimarzio45

yeah, if you're just duffing around at home and/or trying to decide what circuits you like, then they're great. if you're playing live and need bombproof reliability, or suspect you'll want to upgrade to better-made pedals, then yeah there's not much point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?