I'm about to pick up a used 1960a cab for a really good price. Not big on g12t75 speakers by themselves from past experience. I know vintage 30s and g12h30s are the usual recommendations but I've already got a set of WGS Green Berets (Celestion Greenback clones).

So whats your experience with these 2 mixed?
how many watts is your amp?
greenbacks are 25 watts a each.
the t75'are probably 75 (not important for next minute)
when you check a cab, its the lowest wattage speaker x number of speakers.

so 4x12 you will be fine mixed with T75's assuming head is under 100 watts.

guess how i leaned (from somebody elses pain) was using a 2x12" green back cab. he never was overly technical. he put a 6505 up to them. i guess you know what happened then.

just something to look for. i really like greenbacks though, but most of my amps are high wattage or swapped already.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I like G12t75's with V30's
can't say I have ever tried the G12t75 with a G12m25, but I do like G12m type speakers

I'd play it safe and go with V30 type speakers. The Bogner Ubercab has v30 and g12t75 in an X pattern and it sounds great
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by trashedlostfdup
how many watts is your amp?
greenbacks are 25 watts a each.
the t75'are probably 75 (not important for next minute)
when you check a cab, its the lowest wattage speaker x number of speakers.

so 4x12 you will be fine mixed with T75's assuming head is under 100 watts.

guess how i leaned (from somebody elses pain) was using a 2x12" green back cab. he never was overly technical. he put a 6505 up to them. i guess you know what happened then.

just something to look for. i really like greenbacks though, but most of my amps are high wattage or swapped already.

Yea I know all about the wattage just didn't know the mix. Might have to just sell the G12t75s and pick up another pair of green berets. Never had a greenback cab and they always sound friggin sweet when I see someone else play through one.
Quote by cheesefries
Yea I know all about the wattage just didn't know the mix. Might have to just sell the G12t75s and pick up another pair of green berets. Never had a greenback cab and they always sound friggin sweet when I see someone else play through one.

smallest wattage x the number of speaker = wattage maximum. the basic equation

i have a cab with V30's mixed in a cab with a pair T75's sounds good.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
smallest wattage x the number of speaker = wattage maximum. the basic equation

i have a cab with V30's mixed in a cab with a pair T75's sounds good.

wattage was never the question dude... just tone of both speakers mixed. Never heard these 2 speakers in the same cab and was asking for opinions from people who might have tried it themselves.

but thanks
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 27, 2014,
I *think* I tried them together. Can't remember much about it. Bass might be a bit loose. But GBs are middy like V30s, so aside from the loose bass (GBs aren't as tight as v30s) and the wattage thing people have already flagged up, they should hopefully sound ok together.

EDIT: to clarify, I have the celestion GBs, not the WGS versions.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To add another thing the G12T75 was designed to be a high power greenback originally even though it sounds way different than the G12m25
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Dave_Mc
I *think* I tried them together. Can't remember much about it. Bass might be a bit loose. But GBs are middy like V30s, so aside from the loose bass (GBs aren't as tight as v30s) and the wattage thing people have already flagged up, they should hopefully sound ok together.

EDIT: to clarify, I have the celestion GBs, not the WGS versions.

I've tried the GB X T75 and still have the V30 X T75. The most immediate differences are the tightness of the low end with the V30s, and more aggressive feel, ideal for modern stuff. The GB X T75 sounds nice for grampa/classic rock. The T75's highs and tight low end add a nice flavor to the broad Mid of the GB. I wouldn't use it for brootz or modern stuff.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, based on the speakers alone, and hazy memory. I made some notes with my thoughts of the various combinations when I tried all those speakers and then promptly lost the notes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's interesting to note also that the difference in the sensitivity ratings between the V30 (100dB) and T75 (97) is greater than the GB (98) and T75, yet the V30 X T75 combo works so well for the modern stuff (Uberkab).
yeah, the whole dB thing is really a guide rather than a hard and fast rule. as you said, the v30/g12t75 is one of the most common and well-regarded combos, and their respective sensitivities are at the borderline where most guides say they won't work. yet they balance really well, as you said. I think you have to pay attention to the tone of the speakers as well as the dB ratings.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?