View poll results: Practice amp
Peavey Vyper VIP 1 20w
13 81%
Fender Champion 20w
3 19%
Line 6 Spyder iv 15w
0 0%
Voters: 16.
I have an Acoustic 10w piece of crap. Distortion just sounds like someone's holding the speaker under water. I'm returning it tomorrow. Any thoughts on Peavey Vypyr vip1 20w, Line 6 Spyder iv 15w or Fender Champion 20w???
Peavey Vypyr by a long shot.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Id probably take the vyper. A proper "what amp" thread may give you better results though.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Depends a lot on your music choices but for me... Fender Super Champ XD

Still pleasantly surprised by this amp.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
80's and 90's Rock (Ozzy, Iron Maiden) and metal (Sepultura, Megadeath, Overkill...)
Quote by Jcrider303
80's and 90's Rock (Ozzy, Iron Maiden) and metal (Sepultura, Megadeath, Overkill...)

Ignore Fender then and Spiders are painful to listen to. Try Blackstar for high gain metal in a small package.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by Jcrider303

Vyper is definitely the way to go...imo
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
A Peavey Vypyr or a Roland Cube would be the way to go.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Vypyr, but get the VIP-2. Absolutely worth it. It has a 12" speaker like a proper amp should. Those tiny 8" speakers in those cheap $100 amps are a big part of the reason why they sound so bad.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Vypyr, but get the VIP-2. Absolutely worth it. It has a 12" speaker like a proper amp should. Those tiny 8" speakers in those cheap $100 amps are a big part of the reason why they sound so bad.

This
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Quote by diabolical
All of these will produce a retching reaction by me, but I'd take the Vyper if I am pressed.

It's a practice amp dude, come on. It's not like he's going out on the circuit with this thing...
Ok. Got the Vyper VIP 1 and it's plenty loud enough for what I'll use it for. Now I just need to figure out how to set up all these channels.
Thanks for all the input. My Jackson and Charvel both sound great on it.
Right on man! HNAD

It takes a little bit to figure everything, but I found the VIP to be quite easy to navigate after a bit of twiddling.