i apologize in advance if this is the wrong forum.

i run EMG 81/85s

recently i did nothing but re-ground my guitar. but after restringing it, i noticed it wouldn't make a sound. so i tried everything from changing the battery, to unconnecting the connections and reconnecting them, but nothing i've done seems to work. i checked all the cables and i can't visibly see anything wrong. i've gutted my guitar dozens of times and put everything back, and never had a problem before. like, it was working completely fine, and i put everything back the way it was and now i am completely dumbfounded, and i don't feel like taking it to my guitar store just yet. so, ANY help would be appreciated.

PS, i know it's my guitar and nothing else, because i hooked up a few other guitars of mine and they worked perfectly.
Does the humming go away when you touch the strings? Would you say it's more of a hum or a buzz?
Might be a shot pot.

I accidentally killed one in my ESP a few weeks ago and gutted an old starter Jackson from when I started playing to get a replacement.

If you could get pics of the cavity and input jack, that would really help us.
I'm always screwing with my rig. Muh chilluns:
Warmoth NRFR strat JB/Jazz
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic, Diezel 2x12
Turbo tuner, J Cantrell wah, Alesis 3630
Green Rhino, Wampler Velvet, Strymon ElCap/Lex, Phase 45
Quote by JustRooster
Does the humming go away when you touch the strings? Would you say it's more of a hum or a buzz?

i'm not having issues with the ground, i'm having issues with it making NO sound whatsoever.
EDIT: i found both a volume and tone pot, switched them and it works. thank you so much. this is why i didn't want to take it to the guitar store, and get charged out my ass for something like this
Last edited by JustALameKid at Feb 27, 2014,