I have an old guitar handed down to me by my mom. She got it used from a friend in 1978. I've searched for the brand name but can't find it anywhere online.
It's a Bello guitar. There's no serial number anywhere on the body.
Has anybody here heard of the brand? Could somebody give me a hint as to where to find information on the guitar? It's really bothering me, this not knowing.
can you post some pics of it for us to start with? quite often the serial # and model # are on the block of wood that hold the neck in place. should b able to see anything there by looking thru the soundhole.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
only thing i can find so far is that they were build your own guitar kits from catalog companies.
https://twitter.com/clarkkimfrances

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I cannot see any labeling on the neck of the guitar inside the body.
Here's a link to an old Twitter account of mine. It has multiple pictures of the guitar.
Last edited by tbrrocks at Feb 27, 2014,
nice looking git... solid rosewood it seems with a spruce top. great strumming guitar i would think. someone took their time and put it together right. it wasn't hurried from what i can see.
only shortcoming i can see ( and i really can't be sure) is the saddle. looks like plastic. upgrading to a bone or synthetic bone ( like Tusq or equivalent) should really let that baby ring out.
with it's possible history, keep it and enjoy the hell out of it. you'll never get anything monetarily for it that would equal it's value due to it's history.
Quote by tbrrocks
https://twitter.com/clarkkimfrances

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I cannot see any labeling on the neck of the guitar inside the body....[ ]....
If step is correct, and the guitar is from a kit, it makes a great deal of sense that there's no stickers any where.

There was likely one in the box, which didn't get put on. I never finish anything completely either.