hey everyone. looking about for ideas for pickup replacements. i play quite a variaty of songs from metal and heavy rocks and classic rock to blues and twangy clean stuff.
the guitar is a cheap gear4music hsh setup with a locking trem, basswood body, maple neck and rosewood fb. the main problem im having is finding a set up for the single coil in the center.

so farive been thinking a demarzio gravity strom in the bridge but i havnt got much past that.

any ideas welcome, thanks
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
What's your budget, which pickups are in it at the moment, and what do you dislike about your current pickups?
well i guess under £100 a pup. just some stock cheepos atm. im after a ritcher more harmonic sound, not nessasarly lots of output just nice ritch tone
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
you might end up spending more on the pups than you did on the guitar.
But try Warman pickups. Pretty cheep and very nice
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I was going to suggest IronGear pickups. Take a look at those, Warman, Tonerider, and some other 'budget' pickup manufacturers. You don't have to pay £100 per pickup to get a great sound.
Quote by Carrot
you might end up spending more on the pups than you did on the guitar.

There's no might about it. an HSH set of dimarzios will set you back the guts of £200, maybe more. You could probably just buy a better guitar for that kind of money.

But yeah irongear/entwistle/warman/ironstone/axesrus etc. might be worth a try. I haven't tried them but from what i hear they're likely to be a fair bit better than the stock pickups without breaking the bank.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Japanese Schecter with SuperRock II's in the neck and bridge and a Monstertone II (tapped i believe) in the middle. If Im not mistaken, they were originally designed by Tom Anderson when he was still working in Schecter. The harmonics really scream on the SuperRocks and on top of that they split pretty well and you can easily achieve that fender tone with it. I dont play metal, but I do play rock, blues, high gain riffs and they sound awesome to me. My only gripe is that they get a lot of feedback even when you just leave the strings untouched.

SuperRocks are hard to come across, but the equivalent would be a Tom Anderson H2 or H3 easily available on ebay. And a similar pickup to the Monstertone would be the Quarter pound flat SSL-4 by Seymour Duncan, theres a tapped version available too.