Quote by xFilth
Cheers for sharing. If the tracks are tight I will take a stab at it

The timing is off, the bass is clipping hard, and the guitars are a bit out of tune (and clipping in some spots). There's better stuff you could use.
It might not be the best tracks (I've seen way worse), but there's really no point for people to be douchebags about it.

Literally a <10 minute mix made almost entirely by presets:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6017642/Bleeding.mp3

With the right editing (or retracking), I'm sure you could get great results out of the tracks.

I'm not normally into metalcore, but it's a cool song. I like the language mix
There's a difference between being a "douchebag", and knowing a cheap ploy when you see it. I be fine with it if they really wanted to give up their stems for practice, but they said themselves that they just don't want to pay someone to mix it.
If you want to whip up a quick mix, be my guest, but I'd rather discourage antics like this. There are enough resourses online that they can learn and do it themselves, if they don't want to pay for it.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Feb 27, 2014,
I see absolutely no problem with this thread and its intentions. There's ALWAYS people who are looking for projects to mix, even unpaid ones.
Quote by Cavalcade
There's a difference between being a "douchebag", and knowing a cheap ploy when you see it. I be fine with it if they really wanted to give up their stems for practice, but they said themselves that they just don't want to pay someone to mix it.
If you want to whip up a quick mix, be my guest, but I'd rather discourage antics like this. There are enough resourses online that they can learn and do it themselves, if they don't want to pay for it.

This. I would be fine with a thread that was someone genuinely offering up some practice tracks for the benefit of others. This guy just wants us to do his work for him.
I'm going to chalk it down to the language barrier, but the way he says it does come off as if it's a reward. Like we should be honored to be allowed to mix their EP, when in reality I doubt there's anything particularly special about it.

And Cav you really are being a bit of a prick. I'd take someone who's honest about their intentions over someone trying to rip us off anyday.
Here's my mix for you, let me know what you think. I didn't spend too long and I could do a better job, but I feel the time I took reflects the quality of the material provided.

Some advice after working on this, it really has the potential to be great I think. The clean vocals however were no where near as good as the screaming, and I would seriously consider removing the cleans as they let the song down.

Another thing, certain parts of the bass guitar were played wrong. I assume this was a mistake rather than an actual problem with the song, but it really clashes with the guitars in these parts.

If you like my mix I would be happy to work on your EP for you, I would like to be credited of course, but if you would like me to work on the EP I would appreciate if possible for the bass guitar mistakes to be rectified, if they are indeed mistakes.

Here's the mix: https://mega.co.nz/#!gwkSALyT!yBfk-_QJ_JtXgVoFL8pK4vuacIoliGN-kFHgydixtLk

EDIT: And as far as the quality of the tracks goes, I too have seen far, far worse. This is actually pretty good compared with some of the stuff I have been asked to work on.
Last edited by Random3 at Feb 28, 2014,
http://www.descentintomadness.com/hmdotinfo/Bleeding/Bleedingmix1.mp3

Here's one mix. Vocals need more level work/cleanup. Added few drum fills in a few places that I think work better. Was expecting a real drum track

Love the pre-chorus, very deep
Last edited by diabolical at Feb 28, 2014,
It's a pretty cool song. As for the mix, it's missing out some stereo my friend. Are the guitars double tracked ? Where is the bass ?
The symphonizer