Takemine EG540C

Is there anyway to fix an EQ box on my Acoustic-Electric guitar? The EQ box has some screws to set it into the guitar's body but the wood that would hold the EQ has chipped/broken now so that only 1 screw loosely hold the EQ.

Any Ideas?

Upon looking at the EQ again to take out the pictures, it seems to me that the EQ box is smaller than the hole made instead of it just simply being missing wood. Is there anyway to remedy the solution or would I have to try to find a bigger EQ box that can confrom to this guitar?

http://imgur.com/a/37h9B#0
Last edited by Ortiztd at Feb 28, 2014,
Wait, so the thing isn't broken, the wood is.
What's the guitar in particular?
'cause unless it's something expensive I guess this is the right time to upgrade to a different guitar.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Its a Takemine Acoustic-Electric guitar (model name escapes me right now) and since Im away from my guitar currently ill try to explain the best I can.

Their are 4 screws on the EQ Box currently the only screw that can hold any wood is the Top-Left screw, the other 3 screws have no wood that they can connect to because it has chipped away.
You could fill the holes are re-drill them? I'm not sure what the best stuff to use is, but maybe ask in the 'guitar-building and customising' sub-forum? There must be a guitar-friendly, poly-filler type thing
Photos or it's a squirrel riding a labrador.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^ interesting image...

Yeah, pics could help if you don't remember the model.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Upon looking at the EQ again to take out the pictures, it seems to me that the EQ box is smaller than the hole made instead of it just simply being missing wood. Is there anyway to remedy the solution or would I have to try to find a bigger EQ box that can conform to this

http://imgur.com/a/37h9B#0

^^^ is the album of pictures I just took.

This is a Takemine EG540C model
You need to find one that fits.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
you could remove the box, secure a piece of wood, that looks like a frame of that hole to the guitar, and affix the old box to that frame.
the new "frame sides" would need to be big enough to
accept the screws from the box without stressing the guitar's already cracked frame.

edit: the new frame can be secured from inside the guitar. and should be as wide as the whole side.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Mar 3, 2014,
Are there any EQ's you guys would recommend for my model of guitar?