Is it me or are guitars getting smaller and thin went to the guitar shop- ESP guitars are like toys and the ibanze S model well it has a wafer thin body and neck - I am 6 ft 5 and can't understand why they can't make them in different sizes a larger size would be nice , they just look to girly on me and want something i can grip .
Last edited by dazzzer30 at Feb 27, 2014,
0/10. Back to trolling school with you.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Also, in order to enlarge/resize a guitar, all of the parts would have to be resized. This could be a huge pain in the ass for guitar companies...

Maybe just focus on how cool you sound rather than how cool you look.

Edit- And by resizing, I mean EVERYTHING being enlarged, pickups, bridge, tuners, etc.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by dazzzer30
Is it me or are guitars getting smaller and thin went to the guitar shop- ESP guitars are like toys and the ibanze S model well it has a wafer thin body and neck - I am 6 ft 5 and can't understand why they can't make them in different sizes a larger size would be nice , they just look to girly on me and want something i can grip .

Pick up a different guitar if you're unhappy with the fashion statement your current guitar makes on you.

Agiles are full-thickness solid body guitars and heavy. Still LP-width bodies, but I've seen guys 6'7" playing them and not looking girly. They also have a "wide" neck profile (1 3/4" at the nut) that may give you a bit more space to work with on the frets. Agile has a semi-custom shop that will build you a guitar with a longer scale (up to 30"), neck-through construction, a 24-fret neck and more. www.rondomusic.com

I'm a big guy with XXL size hands and very long fingers. The Line 6 Variax JTV-89F I recently picked up has what feels like a wider neck, a 25.5" scale and a 16" radius with jumbo frets. In short, it feels like more real estate in that area. The body is solid mahogany and has some decent weight. The body sides are straight (with a tummy cut and forearm cut) and is definitely not small looking.

Bigger? Doug Kauer has taken over building Soloway guitars. Jim Soloway designed the Single 15. It's a semi-hollow (the top and bottom are carved out of single pieces of wood internally) single cut with a 15" wide body. That will look better on a big guy. In addition, you can order up a 25.5" or 27" scale (tuned to standard) with a much wider 1 13/16" nut. Unlike most guitars with a wider nut, however, this guitar retains that extra 1/8" of neck width right down to the custom-made bridge. Jim originally called it "fingerstyle" and intended it for jazz players, but we've since decided that it should probably be called the "comfort" neck; it's very fast and extremely comfortable for those of us with long fingers and giant paws. The body on the Single 15 is *extremely* comfortable. There's a great forearm relief on the top of the body (unlike the dent-producing edge on a Les Paul) and a great tummy/rib cut on the back of the guitar. Along with the longer scale and wider neck, you can also get the guitar with a 16" radius fretboard, and that's nearly perfect for me. www.solowayguitars.com, I believe. Note that this is NOT a jazz guitar (even though Jim uses it that way) -- think of it as a guitar that can do anything a 335 can and more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbjwvG8QKk

Gibson makes one Les Paul that has a longer scale (27" I think, with 24 frets) and a proportionately larger body (!). It was designed for Buckethead (who's perhaps taller than you). http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Buckethead-Signature-Les-Paul.aspx

It's in white and it has his signature kill switches (bright orange/red buttons) in two places on the guitar, but it's a serious guitar nonetheless. Since Gibson already has this guitar body size programmed into their CNC machines, maybe the Custom shop can build you a "normal" finish and control cluster, but with the longer scale (considered a baritone at that length, but it can be strung to concert pitch) and larger overall body size.
Last edited by dspellman at Feb 27, 2014,
Lol, yeah, I forgot that you could just custom order one. dspellman is right on the money.
Dude i hear you man. The woods that come in those sourced guitars that they get made for 50 bucks are so terrible, they also cut on the components and get it dirt cheap so that they can pass on the garbage to the money bags who will pay 400 for it.

I dont even mess with them anymore. I switched to Jericho Guitars, they make this Baritone that isnt even really a baritone, feels like a regular guitar, cehck it

Seymour Duncan Pickups, Invader in bridge, TonePro bridges, Grover tuners, Graphtech nut, D'addario strings, yada yada yada. i dont know what most of that is but i figure ide let you know that i payed 800 for mine and its comign from Texas.
lol at old people on the internet not understanding "the younger generation"

there are literally tons of traditionally styled guitars out there, and thats not gonna change for a long time, so don't worry.
banned