Poll: So gg&a what should I get?
Poll Options
View poll results: So gg&a what should I get?
Amp please specify
4 40%
Delay, reverb or other assorted pedal please specify
0 0%
modeling multi effect please specify
0 0%
Nintendo 3ds
6 60%
Voters: 10.
So I got 200 bucks to play with and I am wondering what I should get. I haven't really wanted to play because I'm stuck using a peice of shit no name solid state which I hate because of a fat **** of a roommate. (i have a glorious 50w non master volume head that I almost never get to use) I was thinking get a good used modelerer pedal, good tv volume amp (and I mean tv volume) or hope to polish a turd with a delay or reverb. I play a lot of metal (think Nile, Cannibal Corpse, immolation, death, slayer, electric wizard, high on fire, amon amarth I can go on for a while here) I also play a lot of dad rock, and some blues. If its a new amp I'd prefer to use the pedals I already have.

So GG&A what should I get. Poll incoming

Almost forgot I am near New brunsick or Central New Jersey for you cl people.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Last edited by losing battle at Feb 27, 2014,
A POD and some good headphones would be a good option for you.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I heard a few demos of the pods and I honestly hated it, granted its better than a zoom but not by much.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by diabolical
How about audio interface for guitar, either with freeware amps or factory, like IK Stealth Jack or similar.

I used the ik media package once and it gave me cancer. I guess if I ran it into something with an excessive amount of memory and a decent sound card it would be ok I guess but that's not a realistic option.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
I had a pod XT live that I really liked. There were plenty of options for amp/cab/effect combos then you could still use it with a decent amp later on. It was over your price range but I would think the other pod stuff would be as nice.
Get a used Line 6 Flextone I/II/III they run <$200 used at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear. It works well at low volumes and can easily play gigs or with others if you ever need.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Line 6 make good stuff, but the Spider amps are so shit it's given them a bad name. Avoid the Spiders and you should be fine.
In terms of PODs, get one with a money back guarantee and play with it for a week. Avoid the presets (like with anything) and you should be fine. If you're still not happy, just send it back.

EDIT: clicked amp on poll, but meant multi pedal.
Last edited by CorrosionMedia at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Get a used Line 6 Flextone I/II/III they run <$200 used at www.guitarcenter.com/usedgear. It works well at low volumes and can easily play gigs or with others if you ever need.

This is a good idea. Ours has one used right now for about that.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I'm a bit worried about reliability on the flextone they had a dead flextone 1 and 3 over by me in the guitar center by me If I wasn't so skiddish about them it would be one of my better options. If I can get a pod xt for under a hundred I might consider it. It's just I don't want it to feel like I'm downgrading and spending money just to a bitch of a roommate. I kind of also want to use my pedals (mainly my muff)I don't think I can with the flextone, same goes for the other modelers.

I'm leaning towards a line 6 pod, just because its the cheapest option.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
Quote by losing battle
I'm a bit worried about reliability on the flextone they had a dead flextone 1 and 3 over by me in the guitar center by me If I wasn't so skiddish about them it would be one of my better options. If I can get a pod xt for under a hundred I might consider it. It's just I don't want it to feel like I'm downgrading and spending money just to a bitch of a roommate. I kind of also want to use my pedals (mainly my muff)I don't think I can with the flextone, same goes for the other modelers.

You can still use any pedals you want using any amp/pedal.
Just put it before or after the pod/amp as normal
I'll have to go to guitar center and try it, its just a general rule of thumb that modelers and pedals don't exactly work well together.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
What you need is an Ampeg VH140C. The Crate GX130C is the same amp but can usually be found cheaper because it has the wrong brandname on it. I don't know if they will fall within budget but you should look around on CL/ebay for one and see what you can find.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I might look into a decent solid state head, I was able to get a solid tone out of my Randall when it was an amp. I think that 6 inch speaker might be part of my practice amps suckitude. I'll have to keep looking, besides its always good to have a backup
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player
With that budget it's going to be hard. What you need is more cash.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
With that budget it's going to be hard. What you need is more cash.

What I need is a roommate that isn't a sociopath, my normal stuff is fine its just too loud for her. It would be nice if I had 4k for a kemplar.
Quote by joshua garcia

Quote by guitar0player