Page 1 of 2
he guys, im looking at moving to either Austin tx or boston mass to find musicians to start a band with, what are you guys's thoughts on which is better for finding members to start a hard rock heavy metal band with? (metallica, a7x,pantera, guns n roses)
can anyone here who lives there comment on how the music scene for this genere are?

I dunno anything about the music scene but I can tell you firsthand that Boston is expensive to live in. Although, probably the same with Austin tbh.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
ah, to be young and dumb
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
money is not really an issue, and please only serious comments guys, just looking for some hoenst answers, and if I could go to the 80s I would
Lol at Boston having a music scene. Seriously go do something that can actually make you money
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
if boston doesn't have a music scene and Austin wont happen any advice on where to try? and sorry but im not interested in doing something else
Quote by losing battle
Lol at Boston having a music scene. Seriously go do something that can actually make you money

Plenty of ways to make money in music

Playing real instruments in a band isn't one of the better ones though
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
One outta two ain't bad.

I was purposely setting you up and now I'm disappointed with the result.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Music production is probably the best way to make money in music.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by losing battle
Music production is probably the best way to make money in music.

nah
im pretty sure having money in music is the best way to make money in music
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by TunerAddict
im pretty sure having money in music is the best way to make money in music

yah
Boston, MA. Many famous bands like Aerosmith and Boston were from Boston. So i think you can find some good musicians in Boston.
Last edited by AwesomeOne3 at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by AwesomeOne3
Boston, MA. Many famous bands like Aerosmith and Boston were from Boston. So i think you can find some good musicians in Boston.

they came to mind but I wasn't sure how it was these days, I have visited since I am only in nh, but I don't know much about the music scene down there
Quote by TunerAddict
I was purposely setting you up and now I'm disappointed with the result.
Sorry sir, I'll do better next time...
I live in austin.

Lots of competition and original acts don't make shit.

Its a lot cheapet to live here than boston though, and I imagine the music scene is better.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
I live in austin.

Lots of competition and original acts don't make shit.

Its a lot cheapet to live here than boston though, and I imagine the music scene is better.

is there a lot of hard rock metal guys there? I know there is a lot of blues guys there, and im not worried about making money at first
Meh, decent amont for sure.

The sword came from austin. You'll find people to play with for sure, I just wouldn't expect to make any money playing originals here
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Feb 27, 2014,
Boston is only gonna work if you're into hardcore punk. That's the only type of music where Boston has a real advantage over other cities in terms of regional scenes.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Hey man!
So I have lived in Massachusetts all of my life (I go to college in Ithaca) and I too pursue music as a profession.
Your genre defines what city you should go to.

Now, I don't know about Austin, but stereotypes tell me they don't like metal.
Boston, however, is pretty big into metal and I know this from experience. I'm not a big metalhead, but I've played a lot of shows in Massachusetts, and most of the time, I was paired with a heavy metal or punkcore ass-band.
Trivium, a pretty big contender in the market for Metal, is from Boston.

However, like an above poster said, Boston is expensive. It really is. And the metal scene isn't HUGE in Boston.
However, do 40 minutes west, and the scene is gigantic.
40 minutes west of Boston is the biggest city in New England; Worcester (we pronounce it Woostah). The metal and hard rock scene is poppin' there big time. And, best of all, Worcester is kind of a shit hole, so it's cheap to live there!
Or, you can go to a decent suburb a bit east of Worcester. That way, you can play shows in both cities.

Hit me up if you wanna collaborate mannnnnn (as long as your music isn't too different from my band's progressive funk).

Peace
Austin is the only place I know that celebrates eeyore 's bday with 420/lets women be topless.
Whats goes around must come down
crap wait maybe Trivium isn't from Boston....
All That Remains, The Acacia Strain, Unearth are though.
Last edited by SunshineMusicO at Feb 27, 2014,
Worcestor is a shithole. But I grew up just outside of Worcestor so I'll show it some love.

Central Mass has a huge hardcore and pop punk scene. I know that isn't what you're looking for TS, but if you ever decide to play that type of music I can help you work from the bottom up and rise pretty quickly.

And no Trivium isn't from Boston, they're from Orlando, Fl.
Last edited by caeser1156 at Feb 27, 2014,
There's metal in austin. Good amount of it, its just the big tourist attractions of the city that people visit usually book blues, country, and classic rock cover acts

However, don't move here!
Last edited by Peaceful Rocker at Feb 27, 2014,
Quote by caeser1156
Worcestor is a shithole. But I grew up just outside of Worcestor so I'll show it some love.

Central Mass has a huge hardcore and pop punk scene. I know that isn't what you're looking for TS, but if you ever decide to play that type of music I can help you work from the bottom up and rise pretty quickly.

And no Trivium isn't from Boston, they're from Orlando, Fl.

It has it's good parts....kinda
Like Pleasant Street!

And yeah I corrected myself above...hahaha I honestly am not that big into metal but I remember hearing about some big metal acts coming from the area. For some reason, Trivium came to mind...

You got any connections for me and my progressive funk so we can do some business together?
Austin is pretty good for music. There's usually a lot of bands playing at the numerous festivals they have each year. The biggest festivals are Austin City Limits and South by Southwest. Not to mention the alcohol scene in that city.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by SunshineMusicO
You got any connections for me and my progressive funk so we can do some business together?

Not really honestly. I don't live in MA anymore, I live in Florida now. My only connects are connected more towards the hardcore scene because I have a few friends in bands that got decently sized and know a person who used to do social networking for Vanna.
Quote by caeser1156
Not really honestly. I don't live in MA anymore, I live in Florida now. My only connects are connected more towards the hardcore scene because I have a few friends in bands that got decently sized and know a person who used to do social networking for Vanna.

oh word, yeah Vanna is always playing at the Palladium (at least they were since I've been there last!)

The stoner scene (my scene) is getting bigger though. A venue just opened up this summer; it's a hookah bar/bar/dance club/music venue with awesome lookin' vibes. Haven't played there yet, but it seems right up my alley.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
Sorry sir, I'll do better next time...

Be adventurous. Don't stick to the safe bet.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Weaponized
Move to the 80s I bet you'd have better luck there

this

why is it that all the 13 year olds on UG list those exact three bands as their inspiration? it's an epidemic, I tell you

actually TS, I suggest you move to Telemark and start making one man black metal
banned
You should come across a very large sum of money, move to Martha's Vineyard/Cape Cod, and hang on a private beach. Much better
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
That is probably one of the worst ideas I have heard in recent memory, TS.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2