Man, you thought they were tough in your country...

An "unreserved apology" had been issued by the government to the family of a woman who was sent a letter encouraging her to find work even though she has been in a coma for two months.

Speaking in the Commons, the Minister for Disabled People Mike Penning said things had clearly "gone wrong".

Sheila Holt, from Rochdale, was invited to "intensive job-focused activity".

Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk said the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) was hounding disabled people.

Sheila Holt's case was highlighted by Mr Danczuk during a debate on the effects of welfare reform on the sick and disabled.

Mr Danczuk said: "Sheila has suffered from severe bipolar [disorder] since childhood and regularly has traumatic experiences.

"She has not been in employment since she was 16 years old.

However she was pushed into the Work Programme before Christmas and she was finding it extremely difficult."

He said members of her family repeatedly informed Seetec, a contractor carrying out work capability assessments for the DWP, that she was not well "but they continued to get harassed by those organisations".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-26377119
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It would be terrifying if you were in a coma for like 15 years and you wake up in the hospital in a body that's not yours without the ability to move or talk.
So they hounded her to get a job, so she flipped out had a heart attack and went into a coma, then they still decided to hound her for a job during her coma?

The fucck is wrong with people over there? I've seen people with down syndrome wash my car. Contribute instead of being a bipolar victim, and dont be an idiot and keep pressuring people who for real can't work at all. Both of them are idiots imo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
So they hounded her to get a job, so she flipped out had a heart attack and went into a coma, then they still decided to hound her for a job during her coma?

The fucck is wrong with people over there? I've seen people with down syndrome wash my car. Contribute instead of being a bipolar victim, and dont be an idiot and keep pressuring people who for real can't work at all. Both of them are idiots imo.

"Sorry boss, can't come in today. I'm gonna be bipolar all week."
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Seems like just a clerical error. A "letter encouraging her to find work" and being invited to ""intensive job-focused activity" don't really seem that harassing.

Anyway, it's not like she knows.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
It would be terrifying if you were in a coma for like 15 years and you wake up in the hospital in a body that's not yours without the ability to move or talk.

is this a reference to something
banned
Surely there's something she could be doing though. Mattress reviewer?
I knew this was gonna be England straight away. Any person in any government department to do with employment is beyond ******ed.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Uma Thurman did it
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
My parents household keeps getting sent letters chasing up business tax charges off my granddad who died 6 years ago. They've been told hundreds of times what the situation is and nothing clerical has even had an attempt to change it.
Hearing my mother brand them lazy useless cunts over the phone never gets old though.
Quote by Nelshizzle

the difference between someone with down's and somebody who's severely bipolar is that the person with down's probably isn't in regular risk of a psychotic breakdown.

Quote by AtaBorMan
"Sorry boss, can't come in today. I'm gonna be bipolar all week."

sorry boss, i'm definitely God and i just really have this impulsion to punch someone in the face because i just know everyone is saying something about me behind my back and the voices i'm hearing are hounding me not to mention that i also know this mole is definitely skin cancer and that it's normal for the trash bin to smell like daisies and tulips so i think i'm gonna go jump off my house because my arms are wings and i can fly.
Last edited by Dregen at Feb 27, 2014,
From all of your posts in this forum England sure seems grand.

Quote by SkepsisMetal
My parents household keeps getting sent letters chasing up business tax charges off my granddad who died 6 years ago. They've been told hundreds of times what the situation is and nothing clerical has even had an attempt to change it.
Hearing my mother brand them lazy useless cunts over the phone never gets old though.

This is why out sourcing government programs to private contractors is fucked up.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Typical work-shy sponger, faking a coma to stop the social taking away her benefits.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I just happen to be bi-polar, medicated, and gainfully employed in a research and development lab as a research technician. So I am not buying into this "was stressed out and forced to find a job and then had a heart attack" deal. Was she over weight? Was she otherwise healthy? The article doesn't specify any of this. All i know is that a manic episode is not going to lead to heart failure.

Now that being said, the letter sent while someone being in a coma, easy mistake. I mean they can't keep tabs on every detail on everyone.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Honestly I think we need more crazy people in the workplace. They can tell the customers to stfu and eat shit and die when they really need to be told that. Then when the customer demands they be fired, they cant, because insanity and all.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelshizzle
Honestly I think we need more crazy people in the workplace. They can tell the customers to stfu and eat shit and die when they really need to be told that. Then when the customer demands they be fired, they cant, because insanity and all.

now, that's something i won't disagree with
Quote by DamienEx1021
I just happen to be bi-polar, medicated, and gainfully employed in a research and development lab as a guinea pig. So I am not buying into this "was stressed out and forced to find a job and then had a heart attack" deal. I spend hundreds of hours each week on an exercise wheel. Now I post comments on the internet about people and situations I don't know jack shit about while eating sunflower seeds from my keepers hand.

Now that being said, I am a judgmental asshole that fucking knows everything.

At least you're honest.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Gantz92
This is why prostitution should be legalized and taxed.

Hell ya. We all know you could only bang a comatose chick.

Wtf are you talking about?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by DamienEx1021
I just happen to be bi-polar, medicated, and gainfully employed in a research and development lab as a research technician. So I am not buying into this "was stressed out and forced to find a job and then had a heart attack" deal. Was she over weight? Was she otherwise healthy? The article doesn't specify any of this. All i know is that a manic episode is not going to lead to heart failure.

Now that being said, the letter sent while someone being in a coma, easy mistake. I mean they can't keep tabs on every detail on everyone.

First of all it's a different experience for everyone, second of all they probably do keep tabs...

Quote by Gantz92
This is why prostitution should be legalized and taxed.

How did you reach that conclusion?