So I really need to upgrade from my current combo amp to a head and cabinet. I've done A TON of research online, looking at demos of different heads/cabs on Youtube, reading reviews, etc., and their are 2 that I'm really considering right now:

Orange CR120 Head (I know it's a solid state but I really like what I heard from demos I've watched of it and reviews I've read)
https://www.orangeamps.com/products/guitar-amp-heads/crush-pro-series/crush-cr120h/#tab-id-2

Orange PPC412 Cab
https://www.orangeamps.com/products/guitar-speaker-enclosures/closed-back/ppc412/

And

Bugera 6260 Infinium Head
http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/6260_INFINIUM.aspx

Bugera 412F-BK
http://www.bugera-amps.com/EN/products/412F-BK.aspx

I'm on a budget so that's why these ones. I'm really attracted to the sound of the Orange head even though it's a SS, and the Bugera seems like a good sound (And price) for a tube head. So if anyone has any insight into either of these amps, or suggestions other than these, that would help me out a lot.

And before anybody says I should go to a music store test stuff out for myself, I live about 100 miles away from the closest music store, so that's pretty much out of the question.
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Never tried the Orange but seems alright from youtube clips.
Bugera gets a lot of hate here and are known for being built cheap and having reliability issues.

I'd suggest looking at a Jet City JCA50H or 100H, amazing amps for the price

EDIT:
F*** me, those amps sound awesome on youtube!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Last edited by jonthorsigmunds at Feb 27, 2014,
Orange cabinet prices are absurd. Get the Orange head and buy an inexpensive cabinet. An Avatar cab with four good Celestions is $600. If things are really tight just be patient and get a used cab on Craigslist; good used plywood Crate 4x12s often sell for $200 or less and speaker replacements are easy. Buy the head once you have a cabinet so you’re not tempted to buy a cab you can’t afford just to use with the head.
I'd rather buy the Orange if the alternative is Bugera. And I don't even like the sound of Oranges.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I think you could do better for that money

Budget?
Location?
New/Used?
Gig/Home/Jam?
Genre/Type of Music?
Current Gear?

Out of the two I would do the 6260 and PPC cab, but I have my reservations what with the shoddy QC from Bugera...
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
^ My thoughts exactly
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Orange PPC412, yes. Everything else, hell no. Look into Jet City for a head.
Bugera is made by Behringer, 'nuff said.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Orange PPC412, yes. Everything else, hell no. Look into Jet City for a head.
Bugera is made by Behringer, 'nuff said.

This man is wise.
Quote by dementiacaptain
I think you could do better for that money

Budget?
Location?
New/Used?
Gig/Home/Jam?
Genre/Type of Music?
Current Gear?

Out of the two I would do the 6260 and PPC cab, but I have my reservations what with the shoddy QC from Bugera...

Probably about $1200-$1300 for both a head and cab
Wisconsin
Definitely new
Gigs and home
Disturbed/A7X/AILD/etc.
The amp I was using is a Fender Frontman 212 Combo, which is now on consignment at a local music store (Which doesn't have much for amps btw)
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
I'm thinking 6505+ for those tones with that budget. A JCA would be ok too really, may just need a boost here and there. (ie, an overdrive pedal)

Don't be scared of combos with that budget. Even the 112 6505+ combo will do just fine, just stick it on a milk crate.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by MusicMan24
Probably about $1200-$1300 for both a head and cab
Wisconsin
Definitely new
Gigs and home
Disturbed/A7X/AILD/etc.
The amp I was using is a Fender Frontman 212 Combo, which is now on consignment at a local music store (Which doesn't have much for amps btw)

If you are willing to do a combo, I think you could get a 6505 212, definitely a 6505+ 112, maybe a 5150 III combo (you could definitely snag the 50 watt head, but you would be left sparse funds for the cab). There are a bunch of options used, but I understand if you don't want to do that.

Also check out Jet City, the new Marshall DSLs (again, going used you could get an old one, much better) and also look into the Carvin V3, keep in mind you have to order direct from them.

I think in your price range, you would do a lot better going used or getting a combo, combos can definitely be gigged (many will attest to this).
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.