Is there a tonal difference in the HD500 form the HD300? Im a very minimalistic guitarist, and just want to upgrade form my Digitech RP355.

I was considering the Line 6 pedals, and wanted to know if I could get by with the HD300. Its loads cheaper, and smaller in size. Both of which are important to me. Are the tones the same from the 500? And does it have enough switches to work as a live gigging pedal?

Lastly, whats the deal with the 500x?
Guitars: ESP LTD H-1001FM ACSB, Epiphone SG Special
Acoustics: Fender Hellcat, Mitchell 12-string
Amps: Roland Microcube, Peavey Vypyr 15W
Effects: Digitech RP355
Difference is entirely in features and amount of FX.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Check out the m series from Line 6 too
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I'm pretty sure that if you try to get some tones from the user library on their website, you can only get the 300 tones. If a user saves a tone from their 500 and uploads it, you can't use it on your 300.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
the M series don't have expression pedals. Something I do like. I'm not concerned with patches form the website.

I just really wanted to know if the HD300 was capable to replace my Digitech. How many effects can you have at once on the HD300, I've heard that they are somewhat limited.
Guitars: ESP LTD H-1001FM ACSB, Epiphone SG Special
Acoustics: Fender Hellcat, Mitchell 12-string
Amps: Roland Microcube, Peavey Vypyr 15W
Effects: Digitech RP355
I have the 500 and you can get a good amount of effects on at once however sometimes the DMT Limit gets reached when you try and put on multiple delays or reverbs. Certain combos of effects take up to much memory and the limit message will pop up. But who uses multiple delays and reverbs in one preset??
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Quote by 365_days_gone
I have the 500 and you can get a good amount of effects on at once however sometimes the DMT Limit gets reached when you try and put on multiple delays or reverbs. Certain combos of effects take up to much memory and the limit message will pop up. But who uses multiple delays and reverbs in one preset??

Shoegaze, ambient and noise would all like a word.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
They're not limited to number of effects, just DSP cost on the chip. You'll have problems if you're running chorus delay phaser reverb vocalizer into two amps (modeled) with different cabs (modeled), but if you're a minimalist like you say you are, you shouldn't have a problem. It's easy to get a good chain going on those things, I'd only ever run into DSP limit very occasionally. For the money, the 500 is the only way to go though IMO. When it comes to tones, less is more as they say.
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::
you're seriously running 100% digital?
:: Peavey JSX | XXX ::
:: LTD V | Viper | AX [EMG85] ::
:: Vader 2x12 | Krankenstein 4x12 ::
:: G50 | DecimatorG-String | 95Q ::
:: Polytune | Ditto | CarbonCopy ::