Page 1 of 2
I'm sorry I just don't get it. I don't understand how people with ears can listen to Metal and not want to kill themselves. They like, just scream for no reason. And you can barely feel any rhythm.

People, open your eyes! There are amazing bands these days like Aviici. Don't waste your life on trash!
Metal, like every genre of music, is a large genre, where 99% of it sucks balls. Don't dismiss that 1% because it's quite the opposite of what you describe. Not all metal bands have vocals. Some metal bands have cool rhythms. Some metal bands have both of those, check out animals as leaders
-_-
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
I'm guessing you're a troll with a 2014 joining date and that Avcii reference, so i won't waste a long time on a response, but people like what they like and have their own opinions, people obviously don't feel the same way as you and enjoy different genres of music. No biggie.
I'm sorry I just don't get it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then you should have just stopped right there.
I was drawn to the sound of distorted guitar from a very early age. I got into metal before I knew I was from its birthplace.
Obviously you just lack the basic cognitive skills necessary to identify a rhythm that is more complex than 4 to the floor. Clearly the problem here is that you got gypped out on the genetic lottery.

Sorry about that.

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Metal, like every genre of music, is a large genre, where 99% of it sucks balls. Don't dismiss that 1% because it's quite the opposite of what you describe. Not all metal bands have vocals. Some metal bands have cool rhythms. Some metal bands have both of those, check out animals as leaders

Never change who you are.

There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
To hell with Metal. LISTEN TO THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNQ7N6_OHeA

Now that's real music.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by theogonia777
Obviously you just lack the basic cognitive skills necessary to identify a rhythm that is more complex than 4 to the floor. Clearly the problem here is that you got gypped out on the genetic lottery.

Sorry about that.

Never change who you are.

Why you make fun?
Quote by myopinionsrock
I'm sorry I just don't get it. I don't understand how people with ears can listen to Metal and not want to kill themselves. They like, just scream for no reason. And you can barely feel any rhythm.

People, open your eyes! There are amazing bands these days like Aviici. Don't waste your life on trash!

Nice try troll.

Edit: I see now that nobody knows how to spell Avicii. lol
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Last edited by BjarnedeGraaf at Feb 28, 2014,
Barely feel any rhythm? Nigga, are you high? What do you think headbanging is for? It's literally moving your head to the rhythm. Even the most chaotic and noisy metal bands have a discernible rhythm.
Quote by theogonia777

Sorry about that.

I bet he hates progressive metal
Quote by slapsymcdougal
No, I judge people based on how similar they are to me.
The greater the similarity, the more of a total ****ing **** they are.

Metal is like an apple. Everything is good except for the core
Of all the great metal bands you could recommend, it's Animals As Leaders?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
We can tell, but it's just so obvious it's not worth indulging in any way other than making you question your intentions.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by myopinionsrock

pretty excellent OP
Quote by Banjocal
Of all the great metal bands you could recommend, it's Animals As Leaders?

I dont like that many metal bands. Animals as Leader's music is the least predictable. I mean that by their music sounds furthest from anything I have ever heard. Most metal sounds like another metal. I might like the Contortionist more than bands like Northlane, Periphery, Textures, TesseracT, ect, but they are all pretty much the same thing. Where as a band like BTBAM sounds nothing like any of those. BTBAM sound nothing like any metal band out there, therefore I like. Animals as leaders sound completely different from any metal project i have ever heard, and if you have an exception, PLEASE mention it so i can have some new music to listen to.
^well AAL are pretty predictable, really, and BTBAM aren't THAT unique. AAL are alright but they're certainly not game changers. If you're looking for experimental/alternative metal that does have it's own flair to it, Behold... The Arctopus, Scale The Summit (Carving Desert Canyons, at least), Blotted Science, Exemption (Public Cemetery Part), Zu, Kayo Dot, Unexpect, 40 Watt Sun/Warning, Diablo Swing Orchestra (cheesy as feck though), Celeste, Sunn O))), Naked City, Boris, Psyopus, and Aluk Todolo. Some are abrasive, some are quite mellow. From a metal perspective.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
^well AAL are pretty predictable, really, and BTBAM aren't THAT unique. AAL are alright but they're certainly not game changers. If you're looking for experimental/alternative metal that does have it's own flair to it, Behold... The Arctopus, Scale The Summit (Carving Desert Canyons, at least), Blotted Science, Exemption (Public Cemetery Part), Zu, Kayo Dot, Unexpect, 40 Watt Sun/Warning, Diablo Swing Orchestra (cheesy as feck though), Celeste, Sunn O))), Naked City, Boris, Psyopus, and Aluk Todolo. Some are abrasive, some are quite mellow. From a metal perspective.

I found out about Behold... back when they were trying to be a gimmic like hey look at all our strings. I havent really heard anything since then, but i didnt think it was very creative and musical. it might have been original sounding, but not creative to me.

Scale the summit are really good, but they arent very metal. I see them as progressive instrumental rock. I saw them live btw

Blotted Science are amazing, I have enjoyed their sting operation album for a long time, they are in the 10 metal bands I enjoy group, but they are a supergroup, so they dont count lol

I havent heard of any of those others except maybe a few songs here and there.

For me to like music it has to display musical technique (just like a sports player has to be skillfull) and it has to show creative abilities(if that sports player isnt creative he wont stand out). A band like protest the hero doesnt fit that because i think they are mildly technically talened, and below average on creative abilities, every song sounds the same, and it sounds like every other metal band, or at least a couple thousand. Btbam sound like nobody. Nobody sounds even close to btbam. They are really technically talened, and write awesome and unique music. Swim to the moon is the musical equivalent of piano sonata in b minor by franz liszt IMO
Your ears have to get used to it. I love the sound of screaming but I used to hate it. It adds so much intensity to music and makes me wanna scream along.
Quote by captainsnazz
yeah
coulda picked a better example than avicii but still a decent start

Quote by willT08
OP is spot on

Wake Me Up is a modern day classic.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by myopinionsrock
They like, just scream for no reason. And you can barely feel any rhythm.

You should write an article called "Obvious things about Metal people who like Metal won't accept"

That everyone who makes it is a cunt should be #3
Even though I consider myself a metalhead, I dislike 90% of metal bands. They all sound similar, with the same generic riffs played over and over again. This is especially true for trash, black, death and -core bands. Nowadays it's hard to find something original.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Btbam sound like nobody. Nobody sounds even close to btbam. They are really technically talened, and write awesome and unique music. Swim to the moon is the musical equivalent of piano sonata in b minor by franz liszt IMO
They really aren't that original compared to many of the more out there prog metal bands. BTA are pretty creative, really. Narciso Yepes used a 10 string but he didn't get that stuff. It's only really worth shitting on if they just chug on the F#.

But 90% of metal is shitty fo sho

though that can be said about most umbrella genres
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 28, 2014,
Quote by myopinionsrock
Seriously, could only one guy get that I was trolling? Sheesh.

Cause this thread gets posted like every other week

Love how everyone just grazed over this comment too

On that note, metal sucks just as much as Primus
I got it but then I get it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by RPGoof
Cause this thread gets posted like every other week

Love how everyone just grazed over this comment too

On that note, metal sucks just as much as Primus

OT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi1q_WczFj8

Does this count

Cause this is pretty tight
Quote by Banjocal
They really aren't that original compared to many of the more out there prog metal bands. BTA are pretty creative, really. Narciso Yepes used a 10 string but he didn't get that stuff. It's only really worth shitting on if they just chug on the F#.

But 90% of metal is shitty fo sho

though that can be said about most umbrella genres

I think 9/10 of any genre, other than jazz and classical music, are bad. There are a few good of everything, and a lot of good jazz and classical music. I might have to check out a few of the others you named, but I would love to see a band play as many time changes, key changes, genre changes, and keep up on chops as between the buried and me or animals as leaders do.
Page 1 of 2