Hi everyone
I will buy a new guitar. I often play Velvet Revolver,Avenged sevenfold and alter bridge.
The amp settings ı like with my own equipment is;
Middle:10
Treble:0
Gain:10
Bass:4

And ı use bridge pickup generally.
The overdrive sound of the guitar ı will buy should be strong.It should be easier to play.
I cant decide between Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty and PRS Tremonti 10 Top.
Prices are approximately the same.

Which one do you recommend?
Amp:Marshall JVM210H
What do you currently play? IIRC the tremonti is a singlecut like the LP but thats about all they have in common. PRS's do not sound like Gibsons. Also the feel will be totally different. The gibson will feel like a 10 pound boat anchor and the necks are typically thicker too.
Trust your hands and your ears.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I'd be going with a CS RI long before thinking about a Les Paul Custom. An R7 BB would cost about the same as the Custom Les Paul, possibly even less.
Moving on.....
Wow Check out Wildwood Guitars. In their PRS section they've got something called "from the vault" which has new old stock PRS's at some great Prices!
Moving on.....
I've got a Gibson LP Custom I'll never part with. It was born from the loins of Gods.

With that said go play em both. Unless you are a huge tremonti fan you might be better off looking at a PRS SC245 with the specs you want.
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 28, 2014,
But those amp settings though...
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by cheesefries
I've got a Gibson LP Custom I'll never part with. It was born from the loins of Gods.

With that said go play em both. Unless you are a huge tremonti fan you might be better off looking at a PRS SC245 with the specs you want.

The Sc245 is a beautiful guitar except I hate the look of the tailpiece and bridge. The almost square block-y look detracts from an otherwise stunning LP inspired guitar.
Moving on.....
Quote by Carrot
But those amp settings though...

How can you comment on amp settings without hearing the amp & guitar together?
I crank my mids and back off on the treble as well.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
The Sc245 is a beautiful guitar except I hate the look of the tailpiece and bridge. The almost square block-y look detracts from an otherwise stunning LP inspired guitar.

Yea the tailpiece is pretty blocky. I've got the older one piece models and I'm ok with it. But sitting on a stand and staring at it for a bit I can see where your coming from. Almost makes me want to see if there are any aftermarket tailpieces out there. The models with a bridge I'm ok with. Doesn't stand out TOO much. At least not as much as a flat rectangular tailpiece with 6 string carves in it.

I'm guessing the Tremonti model the OP was thinking about getting had the 1 piece. Unless he ops for the trem which would be a sweet setup. I'd say Trem Tremonti > Gibby or Gibby > hardtail tremonti. But I do have a soft spot for trem les pauls (lifeson axcess)
Last edited by cheesefries at Mar 2, 2014,