Hi there,

I'm looking for a nice hot neck pickup that works well with the Seymour Duncan SH-10 Full Shred in a Ibanez Basswood body, Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard.
I need a neck pickup that can handily high gain settings and adds some variation to the Full Shred. I don't play much clean, but it's always nice to have the option.
Any recommendations?
Check out the Dimarzio Fast Track. High output and very beefy. I have one in an Ibanez RG. Sounds almost like a humbucker.

Edit- It might be a Pro Track...I can't remember...It's the one Satriani uses for his neck pickup. Works great for many styles and genres. Provides for some buttery shredding.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Feb 28, 2014,
Haha it's cool allanr. I'd need it as a Humbucker, just I don't want a drop in volume from the different DC. How does a SD Jazz sound like in Basswood?
My only real experience with a neck pup like what you're asking for is the DiMarzio Liquifier in my JP6; luckily it's a basswood guitar with maple neck and rosewood fretboard
Can easily handle high gain.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DiMarzio PAF Pro in a basswood body sounds amazing!
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
DiMarzio PAF Pro in a basswood body sounds amazing!

im atheist - I dream of the day Jason Becker crawls out of that fuking wheelchair to play for us again.

I had to say it.
Quote by james.fusco
Hi there,

I'm looking for a nice hot neck pickup that works well with the Seymour Duncan SH-10 Full Shred in a Ibanez Basswood body, Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard.
I need a neck pickup that can handily high gain settings and adds some variation to the Full Shred. I don't play much clean, but it's always nice to have the option.
Any recommendations?

I have no idea what works well with an SH-10 in a basswood body with a maple neck and a rosewood fretboard.

I'm using several different neck pickups, including a DiMarzio Fast Track II (this is actually a strat single-coil size rail humbucker designed to be used in a strat bridge, but it's an amazing "hot neck pickup." In fact, it's much louder than the 9.2K '57 I have in the bridge of the same guitar.

I've got the hottest version of the P-Rail (again, supposed to be the "bridge" version) in the neck position on another guitar. This gives me a serial (standard humbucker) mode, a parallel mode (still humbucking, but a bit thinner), a real P90 coil and a real rail single coil.

In another I have a Kinman Noiseless P90. The Noiseless business is important, but the Kinman noiseless P90's are about the only ones that really nail the vintage P90 sound in a noiseless pickup; the others I've heard are a bit emasculated.

And of course, I've got the usual random selection of various humbuckers and Hot Rails and all that in other guitars. I've got a bunch of vintage (pre-1980, anyway, and dating back to about 1949) guitars, all of which have the same pickup in both positions (for this, grasshoppah, is how it was done back in the day), which means that your neck pickup is going to be louder than your bridge pickup. I like that. That's probably why that Fast Track II works so well for me. It's LOUD and it's *focused* (I think that's because the area of string the magnets address is smaller...). It's in a standard humbucker size pickup ring; but I have a Sustainer on that guitar, it's sharing the space with the Sustainer Driver, so it LOOKS like there's a single standard size humbucker on the guitar.