I have a Godin Core HB that I picked up about a month ago. It has a wrap around bridge wish intonation adjust for each string. After paying it for a couple weeks I felt the action too high. Getting the low E side to 5/64" was simple enough. I found I had to really drop the high E side to get it down. I wanted 3/64" butclosest I got was 2/32" before I felt I was risking things. Seems to give quite the angle to the bridge, not sure if thats Ok? (measured at 12th fret. Neck relief is 0.010")

I still have my free set uup to use from the store, but wanted to get it comfortable and really get a feel for how I wanted the guitar set before I took it in (they keep it for a week, which sucks).

Thanks for any advice.
Last edited by Jellotree at Feb 28, 2014,
No real firm rules here. If it plays nice without fret buzz and intonation is good.. enjoy it. Most guitarists find a personal setup they like over time. I rarely measure string distance any more but prefer to feel it.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
It feels a lot better now. Still needs to have a slight tweak to the nut, but I don't have the tools for that job.