1 7%
Song 6
3 21%
Song 7
1 7%
Voters: 14.
Ahoy

Today was a good day.
Woke up, had my breakfast and was on time for the bus. I went straight for the back seat, mainly because I like flipping the bird to the cars behind, also because I can lay down and have a little nap on the way to work so I look fresh.

What looked like a regular Monday soon turned out to be a great Monday!
One of my best friend's boyfriend saw me on the bus and walked towards me to greet me. (Oh look, a rapper having a rap battle outside). The bus driver hit a curb, my best friend's boyfriend slipped and fell on his head. He is in the hospital now, here's my chance to spread some bad rumors about that relationship AND comfort my best friend/soon to be girlfriend (if all goes well).
Today was a good Monday

The objective of this thread is to vote on the song you like the most, but remember: don't base your vote on the quality of the recording, base it on the content.

Here they are:

1 - "Bad Dream" (chev311e)

2 - "Heaven Is As Heaven Does" (Skinny91)

3 - "I've Got Wood...And An Adding Machine. (Let's See Where The Night Takes Us)" (Duaneclapdrix)

4 - "Trepanning kittens to release hidden psychic power (Improvised)" (SaintVitus)

5 - "Looping Memories" (Joshua1207)

6 - "Twisted" (sickman411)

7 - "Lighter" (FoOltz, whywefight)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's last week's most voted songs, from FoOltz and whywefight, "Angels In Black And White".
From sickman411, "I Have No Need".
Finally, from Joshua1207, "Solitude"!
------------------------------------------------------------------

If you too want to become a better songwriter/gigolo consider joining our group (http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/mozartfactory/), all the info you need to join this weekly "contest" is there.

The votes will be counted this Monday, at around 5AM GMT. The winner of this week's voting will become a mod in our group.

------------------
Best ride ever.

Check out last week's thread here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1635000

-----------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: The voting is over! This week's winner is Skinny91's song "Heaven Is As Heaven Does" with 4 votes!
(He'll be a mod on our group, until the next voting)

With 3 votes, "Twisted" by sickman411, and "Bad Dream" by chev311e!
Finally with 2 votes, "I've Got Wood...And An Adding Machine. (Let's See Where The Night Takes Us)" by Duaneclapdrix!

Thank you all for voting (and participating)!

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

NOTE: STARTING NEXT WEEK, SONGS WILL BE "AWARDED" 1st, 2nd AND 3rd PLACES UNDER NEW RULES, MORE INFO IN THE GROUP'S PAGE.
Last edited by Minicaxotinho at Mar 3, 2014,
Some good songs this week. Went with Skinny's. Also, we need to get some more traffic in this thread!
Thanks guys, was a bit of a rush but glad people like it.

I voted on Duaneclapdrix's song in the end, I thought it was really cool when the synth kicked in with the adding machine drums.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
tough choice this week. I voted for sickman, but I really liked skinny's and chev311e's songs as well
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Chev's vocal part was my favourite, but to me the guitaring felt "hard" at times, perhaps the pick had too much attack for the arpeggiated part.

For the guitar part, I most loved Skinny's, that little note you slide out from the tonality you play in. The singing was probably meant to be monotone, but somewhat too much for my preferences, or perhaps too prevalent in volume. I wonder how would some vocal harmonies sound on there.

my 0.02$
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by FoOltz
SaintVitus has the best song names, I swear.

Thanks man. I can't listen to any of the songs because of my computers download limit. I think i'll record a proper song next week instead of just turning on my amp and hitting strings at random.
DISCLAIMER: There's a very good chance that i have no idea what i'm talking about.

Quote by CodeMonk
Your sig has never been more true.
And you are a piss poor troll.

Quote by phayzze
Can someone explain to me wtf this guy is on about

Quote by SaintVitus
Thanks dood!

ftfy

Also, whywefight and FoOltz, I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time now, who is who in terms of vocals?
This week was really hard. I think it might be one of the best weeks in terms of song quality.
I liked the guitar in Skinny's song. It made me want to transcribe it.
I liked Sickman's song as well. The guitar solo was sweet. The effect really fit the song.
In the end I went with Chev311e's song because I think it was your best in terms vocals, structure and lyrics. The reverse guitar bits were really cool as well. I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to Skinny and Sickman.
Quote by sickman411
ftfy

Also, whywefight and FoOltz, I've been meaning to ask you for quite some time now, who is who in terms of vocals?

For this song, I do backups in the chorus and the first verse. Foltz does the rest
Thanks for the votes guys! Yea, I think for the rest of my songs I'm gonna sing while playing guitar. I've done it for about half of my songs, but I think it for some reason makes me sing better rather than recording the vocals after the music is done.
Going to listen and vote in a while...
Quote by KingDime666
It's dubstep minor in E.

Quote by steve_muse
I bet I'm gunna love Revolt #plottwist