Hey guys, it's time for me to buy a new amp and I came across the Fender Deluxe Rever 65 reissue. I have a few questions

Is it loud enough to gig?
Is it quiet enough to play in my basement?
Is it harsh sounding?
Should I replace any tubes/speakers?
Does it sound good with a Gibson LP into it?
Is it worth the price?

Thanks in advance
Here's the thing about the Deluxe. People buy them to abuse them, that's what they're famous for. Any distortion you get from them without pedals is done by running them loud, real loud. There's no gain knob, they are an old fashioned non master volume amp.
However, all is not lost for practicing because they also sound good with the volume down if you boost the crap out of the input with boosts (say EQ, overdrive, compressor, etc). Not going to sound as good as a dimed Deluxe of course, but good enough for practice.
However, I'm not sure if the new reissues are using that demented linear volume pot. If they do, then controlling the volume down low is really tricky because the smallest movement results in a massive change down low.

And yes, you can gig with it but if your drummer is loud you aint getting pristine cleans. If you are always gonna have some distortion, then yeah, it'll do the deed and sound glorious doing it.

The stock tubes in Fenders (and most other new amps) are rubbish. Change them as soon as you can afford it.

Les Paul into a Deluxe is a classic combination.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Mar 1, 2014,
Yes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I really like JJ 6V6's. I think they're the best thing JJ make.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Is it loud enough to gig? - yes
Is it quiet enough to play in my basement? yes , however the sweetspot for the amp is at higher volumes.
Is it harsh sounding? It can be, depending on your tastes. The sound rounds out at higher volumes. It can sound thin at low volumes.
Should I replace any tubes/speakers? If you're considering investing in all new tubes and a new speaker, you should probably just looking to getting a real used vintage 60's Fender amp.
Does it sound good with a Gibson LP into it? That's a matter of personal taste.
Is it worth the price? It's not a very expensive amp as is ( and it's a decent value, it's much better than the deville amps etc.), but if you're thinking about swapping all the tubes and the speaker, then I would recommend simply trying to get a hold of a real vintage fender amp or hitting up one of the boutique builders that build amps to Fenders old specs - they're simply better made and will sound better.