Page 1 of 3
i have an acoustic guitar and want to get an electric, what is a deceit guitar for between £200-£300/ $300-$500

Not for huge use really, i play mainly drums and want to do guitar as secondary instrument on the side, i want to get a bass also so any suggestions on a bass for the same price range (not sure if this is a forum for bass as well I'm new here!)

also what amps would be decent for home use?

thanks
Quote by charliejuson
forgot to add, i play stuff like nickel back, green day, sum 41 (pussy rock if you may)

You'd probably have better luck in the section labeled "Electric Guitar" since you're looking for an electric guitar.

crazy, I know.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by macashmack

i understand, many people don't like them, i also play stuff like nirvana if that makes it any better, i think its probably I'm drawn to it because of the drumming, nickelback mainly because of daniel adair and nirvana because of dave grohl, can't help it.

but on a serious note, any suggestions to a guitar?
Quote by BladeSlinger
You'd probably have better luck in the section labeled "Electric Guitar" since you're looking for an electric guitar.

crazy, I know.

like i said, I'm new here, my first post you obnoxious douche
Quote by charliejuson

It's on the main page of the forum. If you didn't look through all of the sections then it's your fault for not finding the right section. There's also a section for bass, further illustrating my point. You chose to not take five seconds to scroll down. That's all it would have taken.

Just buy a mexican strat with a humbucker or something.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by charliejuson

wow. that's certain to make people want to help you.
"i posted in the wrong forum and someone pointed out my silly mistake! better further develop my image as an ignorant ****!"

seriously though. take the question here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Last edited by iHurricaneGTR at Mar 1, 2014,
Quote by charliejuson

Man these 14ers sure are a hostile lot
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by charliejuson
and what exactly is a 14er?

You joined in 2014 so you're a 14er
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
well it seems as though i have established, every guitarist I've met has been obnoxious…

thanks for the um… well nothing.
Oh wait, you're a drummer. No wonder you can't read.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
You joined in 2014 so you're a 14er

oh i see… not my fault, just never had the desire to play guitar
Quote by charliejuson
and what exactly is a 14er?

Someone who joined in 2014. Try the Electric Guitar forum though.

You're not making any friends here, champ.
Quote by LostLegion
epiphone sg

thankyou, one person who's not up their own ass haha! I will look into it
Quote by charliejuson
thankyou, one person who's not up their own ass haha! I will look into it

I gave a suggestion and told you where to get more information.

I feel cheated here, man.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
You're not going to get a guitar that's that good for 300 dollars.
Last edited by macashmack at Mar 1, 2014,
On a serious note, just get a Squier Affinity. They're cheap and good for beginners. You don't want to overdo it on your first guitar since there is a possibility that you might lose interest...
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh wait, you're a drummer. No wonder you can't read.

i don't see the relevance, to reading and drumming, is it about reading music? if it is then i agree haha!, could never do it
thankyou for your suggestions, i didn't bother to read through the forum names, just saw genereal discussion and thought that this would be ok to put this post in, i have reposted on the electric guitar place
Quote by charliejuson
thankyou for your suggestions, i didn't bother to read through the forum names, just saw genereal discussion and thought that this would be ok to put this post in, i have reposted on the electric guitar place

tbh thats what you were supposed to write at first place.
Quote by arcanom
tbh thats what you were supposed to write at first place.

new here, people funny with me, I'm funny back...
The forum for general discussion of topics that don't fit into the other forums. Please read the rules first.

If this is the description of The Pit, why wouldn't you check the other forums?
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by charliejuson
well it seems as though i have established, every guitarist I've met has been obnoxious…

thanks for the um… well nothing.

people here don't really play guitar

on topic though, what you really need is a new amp
Quote by BladeSlinger

Some men just want to see the world burn
Quote by BladeSlinger

because this is the first one i saw, i just assumed this would be ok to post here, didn't realise how butt hurt people could be…

would delete this but don't know how, kind of moved on from this post now...
Quote by Ssargentslayer
It sounds like he needs a new amp.

Ts get a new amp

indeed, i will need a new amp
Quote by Ssargentslayer
The amp is more important than the guitar itself. Personally I don't even use the guitar part.

This man knows what's up. In my experience a good amp can power even an average air guitar, whereas an air amp is pretty much useless unless everyone around you is on hallucinogenic drugs
Go to a guitar store and try out all the guitars in your budget.

Buy the one that's sound you like the most and that you feel most comfortable playing. Seriously, this is the best advice you can get when it comes to guitars.

There are many brands, and they all have good and bad guitars. Brands to look out for at your price range are Schecter, Squier, Epiphone, LTD, and quite a few others.

You will also require a head and cabinet. However, these tend to be expensive. If you're planning to just play at home, buy a small combo amp. You can also buy a multi-fx pedal so you can try out various kinds of sounds.

For detailed recommendations and what not, go to the aforementioned Electric Guitar section. Remember to post where you live, your budget, and the kind of music you play while posting there for optimum answers.
One serious answer: Ibanez is often the best value for money, especially in that price range
Page 1 of 3