Hi, i have an acoustic guitar and am looking for a 'decent' electric guitar, just for home use and learning. i am looking to spend £200-£300/$300-£500

also what amp would you recommend.

also, I'm sure I'm going to be totally hated on but i play sort of nickel back, sum 41, green day, nirvana sort of music if that helps.

I'm not a big fan of classic shaped guitars (the shape that almost every beginner guitar is) i like the look of SG's and bc rich's but thats just a bonus if i can get a good guitar in my price range and one of them styles.

I mainly play drums and this is just really a secondary instrument, my drums are white with a silver stripe around them so if i could get a guitar that sort of matches but thats also not really a big issue.

thanks
SG's are pretty classic man. Up there with strats, teles, and les pauls. Not even debatable They are Awesome

But yea not that popular in the lower end of the spectrum.
Quote by peskypesky
Epiphone G-400 Pro

The only thing that annoys me with this guitar is the position of the strap buttons make the guitar unbalanced and the neck falls down. Decent guitar for the price though.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
I was always told that Yamha Pacifica's ARE the best beginner guitar plus they are cheap and easily upgraded later like I did. They have everything (although they are based off of a strat) such as a humbucker, single coil, tremolo etc. so you can see what you like and keep it in mind when upgrading. I favoured the 112V but all the models are good and it depends how much you want to spend.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
There are good deals on fretking blue labels at the moment as they seem to be winding them down in favour of the cheaper black label series. Shops on ebay are selling them new (new old stock normally) for around the £300 mark. Hard to beat (new) for that kind of money. Assuming you know enough about guitars to buy online (you might not if you're just new).

they have various models in more or less classic shapes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Blue Label Fret-Kings are a good deal if you can get them- I imported me one to Texas, sight unseen! It has been quite kind to me.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Yeah. I mean, pacifica ocean is quite right in that the pacifica 112 is probably the most popular/best beginner guitar- but that's assuming a regular beginner budget (and also tends to be recommended because they're readily available most places). If you can get a fret king for £300 it'll smoke a pacifica, quite frankly. I haven't tried the js series jacksons but as far as i'm aware they're beginner quality- again, i'd assume the fretking i mentioned would smoke it, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks for the recommendations guys but i bottled and bought an acrylic drum kit haha, ill most probably save a bit more money and go for a fret king if i can and get a good amp, would you recommend orange crush amps? i was thinking the 20 watt one with effects and tuner built in, what do you think?
Never tried them but I dunno. Normally I'd say go for a modelling amp since you can get a nice range of tones out of them (but some people do prefer the tone of solid states). Peavey vypyr, roland cube (the higher wattage models since the lower ones don't have the amp models), vox valvetronix etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by charliejuson
thanks for the recommendations guys but i bottled and bought an acrylic drum kit haha,

You what?

My old keyboard player had a theory that bass players were required to leave the first digit of their IQs at home. Drummers, the first TWO (assuming they *had* two). We actually put two tags on our drummer after a gig or before a night out. They both read "If found, please return to {address}. Taxi fare will be reimbursed." One tag on the front, the other tag on his back if he was found face down.

We have one drummer that we reward with bacon treats, but we've lately found that he'll sometimes speed up toward the end of the song in anticipation of getting to the bacon treat faster. We're contemplating a click track setup that would be reinforced with a shock collar.
Quote by dspellman
You what?

My old keyboard player had a theory that bass players were required to leave the first digit of their IQs at home. Drummers, the first TWO (assuming they *had* two). We actually put two tags on our drummer after a gig or before a night out. They both read "If found, please return to {address}. Taxi fare will be reimbursed." One tag on the front, the other tag on his back if he was found face down.

We have one drummer that we reward with bacon treats, but we've lately found that he'll sometimes speed up toward the end of the song in anticipation of getting to the bacon treat faster. We're contemplating a click track setup that would be reinforced with a shock collar.

"Roy, it pains me to say this, but your services as drummer are no longer needed. Meet the new guy, John Deere."

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbN-jO11vKg
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i change my mind so much! one day i was about to order some new cymbals, the next two i was looking into a guitar and amp to order for £250/$400 but then i came across someone selling a kit that i could build myself which i have always wanted to do and managed to swap him an old snare and £200 for it so i got a pretty good deal, ill probably be back on getting a guitar again soon and hopefully i will actually buy it before i see something else i like this time!

haha