So it's been a while since I've decided that I have zero use for any type of tremolo.
I never use them, and they just give me an extra annoyance when trying to switch between string gauges and whatnot.

Unfortunately, my favorite guitars have tremolos... I've just grown too attached to them to switch to a different guitar altogether.
The one that I am talking about has a two-point synchronized tremolo much like the fender american deluxe strats.
I've lowered the bridge plate to be flush to the body, and stuck in cardboard blocks to both sides of the tremolo block in the back cavity to make sure that they didn't budge.

The only problem I have right now is that I get a pretty big buzzing on the higher frets of the first string. I know the entire tremolo was lowered to be flush to the body, so I've adjusted the saddle heights, but for some reason the first string still has buzz after raising the saddle a whole lot.

Should I just raise the saddle some more? or would I need to turn the truss rod?

I've never had this happen to my other strat which has a Gotoh 510 two point tremolo, and has no buzzing problem even when hardtailed.

any suggestions?
Guitars:
* Custom "does-it-all" Strat
*'12 James Tyler Studio Elite HD Burning Water (HSH)
* EVH Wolfgang Special Stealth HT
I've hardtailed most of my floyd rose guitars for the same reasons.

Just set it up the way you like it, measure the distance between the tremolo block and the trem cavity walls, cut two pieces of hard wood that would fit them exactly, push the wood blocks in, put the springs back on and.. voila, your trem is blocked
Quote by tsc86
I've hardtailed most of my floyd rose guitars for the same reasons.

Just set it up the way you like it, measure the distance between the tremolo block and the trem cavity walls, cut two pieces of hard wood that would fit them exactly, push the wood blocks in, put the springs back on and.. voila, your trem is blocked

That's pretty much what I did... except I've used layers of taped cardboard instead of woodblock (using what I have)

the problem is that lowering the tremolo to be flush caused fret buzz which even raising the saddle can't seem to fix. I don't know what the problem is... could be the neck relief, but I'm not sure. which is why I'm asking this.

I'm liking the stability though... no pitch shift when I bend two strings at once. The bridge doesn't pop out when I remove all the strings for fretboard cleaning either
Guitars:
I've had a good experience with Tremol-no (http://www.tremol-no.com/). It replaces the tremolo assembly in the guitar without requiring drilling. Once installed it allows the tremolo to be locked in place or unlocked for using the tremolo. I use it to detune to drop d when needed. I just use the bridge adjustment screws. the screws are tight enough to hold drop d and other tunings.
Quote by istomisgood
I've had a good experience with Tremol-no (http://www.tremol-no.com/). It replaces the tremolo assembly in the guitar without requiring drilling. Once installed it allows the tremolo to be locked in place or unlocked for using the tremolo. I use it to detune to drop d when needed. I just use the bridge adjustment screws. the screws are tight enough to hold drop d and other tunings.

believe it or not I saw one of those just snap in my friend's guitar.
It was a Suhr Modern... I'm not sure if it came with it or he installed it, but I haven't been too thrilled about those since then
Guitars:
Quote by thelax
That's pretty much what I did... except I've used layers of taped cardboard instead of woodblock (using what I have)

the problem is that lowering the tremolo to be flush caused fret buzz which even raising the saddle can't seem to fix. I don't know what the problem is... could be the neck relief, but I'm not sure. which is why I'm asking this.

I'm liking the stability though... no pitch shift when I bend two strings at once. The bridge doesn't pop out when I remove all the strings for fretboard cleaning either

you need something solid in their, the card board and tape wouldn't be solid enough, just ask a friend for a 2x4 block and a saw, i'm sure you know someone with a a 2x4, and a saw.... and a measuring tape
In answer to your question, you'll need to raise the bridge on that one side and redo your blocks. Leave the truss rod alone. It should be the very last thing that you adjust after checking the frets for level and the nut for proper nut slot height.