Hi,

1st post thought it may be the right place to ask!?

not sure acoustic,electric or acoustic electric am swaying more to a the latter as they have built in tuner and i can practise quietly with amp and headphones?ie not upsetting the neighbours(and girlfriend..)

have about£250-£300 to spend will buy online as live in spain and no decent shops nearby.

like the idea of low action as easier although the thought of getting a difficult guitar appeals as maybe il be twice as good when i play an easy one

any help would be great ,also will check forum for tips on learning etc!

many thanks,cheers

wayne
Lots of choices. What kind of music do you want to play? Who are your guitar influences? Honest answers to those two questions usually narrow the field a bit.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
If you want to practise quietly, your best bet might be an electric, with an amp that has a headphone-in. You'll always hear the sound of strings being strummed, but with an acoustic-electric this'll be amplified because - well - it's an acoustic.

Furthermore, you do not want to buy a guitar difficult to play. As a beginner, this will discourage you, undoubtedly, and you'll most likely give up on what could become a beautiful hobby.

If you have to be an entire set-up new, you'll find that most people agree that it is the amp that is most instrumental to the sound. On a low budget, and with perhaps unclear aims, your best bet might be a decent modeling amp and a comfortable, versatile guitar. This'll help you on your way, until you feel comfortable upgrading.
Please let me keep this memory, just this one ..
Thank you for the replies,not looking to play anything to heavy so was put off by an electric I really am sounding like the amateur that I am but was looking at the guitar below but will now check out some electrics to on the advice below and make a choice,

Thanks for your time and have a good day

YAMAHA APX500 OBB
I usually reccomend the Ibanez GRG170-DX coupled with a Peavey Vypyr 30 for beginners. The guitar is extremely easy to play, and quite versatile due to the HSH pickup line-up - a humbucker ("double") in the neck and bridge positions and a single-coil in the middle, and the amp is a good compromise between overall quality, power and variety of sounds.
Quote by wayneg1
Hi,

like the idea of low action as easier although the thought of getting a difficult guitar appeals as maybe il be twice as good when i play an easy one

wayne

Wayne - Take it from someone who's been playing for awhile. Your first guitar needs to be the best you can afford. Buying a "difficult" guitar will do nothing but frustrate and confound you. You will quickly lose your motivation and eventually stop playing. Buy something that's affordable, but take the time and money to have it properly set up, so that it plays right.