Hopefully this doesn't incite a riot, but here goes.
Which band do you think is better, Metallica or Megadeth? Don't just pick one though, explain why you think one band is better than the other.

Personally, I listen to Metallica more because I love James's vocals and rhythm, and Kirk, while not the greatest, is still a very good guitarist. However, whenever I listen to Peace Sells, But Who's Buying (Megadeth) as a refresher of the band, I am blown away by the musicianship and especially the guitar playing. However, Dave's voice bothers me which limits the amount of Megadeth I can listen to on a consistent basis. I will also say that Fade to Black (Metallica) is possible my favorite song of all time. Also, after 7 years of guitar playing, Hangar 18 (Megadeth) is the biggest challenge that I have ever faced guitar-wise, more so than For the Love of God (Steve Vai), which has taken me 3 months to learn in its entirety.
I bet your Steve Vai cover is a bunch of shenanigans
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
I play oldschool thrash / NWOBHM in a band, two of my main influences personally are Metallica and Megadeth

for a long time I used to prefer Megadeth, but overtime I "switched" over to the Metallica side more :P

Megadeth is better in a technical level, but that doesn't really make a band good. Still, when you want to appreciate some really cool guitar work and what not, Megadeth usually is the winning band; also, Marty Friedman was just completely awesome with Megadeth.

But, I think Metallica has better songs overall, better vocals (though I REALLY like Mustaine's vocals), and I really like Lars' drumming style, despite all the hate he gets. Also have better live performances overall, I'd say.
if you ask me I would say SLAYER!!!!

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Last edited by jthm_guitarist at Mar 2, 2014,
Gotta say I love both bands, a ****ing lot, but metallica has never put out anything as good as the rust in peace album. I've never heard a metallica album that "blew my mind" (and my load) in that way. I'd take death magnetic over super collider and a couple shit megadeth records i'd rather not mention any day of the week though... BUT in the end, both bands have made great records. Period (tampax plug)
i couldn't pick one, i think they're both better for the very reasons you listed. megadeth it more intricate, but metallica essentially has a sound i enjoy more.

i will be that typical douchebag that says i do only like 80's metallica though ...

...excuse the extreme laziness in the capitalization here
Last edited by olix95 at Mar 2, 2014,
Quote by olix95

i will be that typical douchebag that says i do only like 80's metallica though ...

If it makes you feel any better, I also only like 80's Metallica
Metallica, they're just better songwriters IMO. A megadeth fan will say the same about megadeth but it's all your own opinion.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Quote by RicAndrade

Same here. Plus I'll be the douchebag who says my favorite Metallica songs have been written by Mustaine.
Quote by RicAndrade

I like the black album and Load. Reload isn't that bad, but st anger I don't like. They seem to be heading back in the right direction with DM though.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
Both. To be honest, they both sound completely different so its hard to compare. Metallica delved a little more into some softer stuff in areas whereas Megadeth stayed pretty much thrash and heavy.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Both are past their prime and overrated.hetfields vocals are much better than mustaines apart from that there is not much to make one better than the other.
Quote by leony03
Both. To be honest, they both sound completely different so its hard to compare.

One sounds like going to the dentist and the other sounds like filing taxes.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Technicality wise - Megadeth
Songwriting wise - Metallica
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by azrael667
Same here. Plus I'll be the douchebag who says my favorite Metallica songs have been written by Mustaine.

and ill further be the douchebag that agrees with that too
Quote by progbass
I only listen to real thrash so the question is kinda moot

your Marcia Hines LPs tell me otherwise

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
And you know better than anyone that I only use them for seductive sexy time. By the by, you still haven't called me
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
My favourite Metallica bits are when James says "oh yeah"

EDIT: Like, you would be talking to him, right? and he would act interested by saying "oh yeah" but like in his signature rough voice.

Get this Hemingway interpretation of a conversation:

"Hey James so I went to the store and I saw your ex gal pal"
"oh yeah"
"but she like didn't say hi or nothing to me, just kept on walking by"
"oh yeah"
"then she stopped and saw me and we talked for a little while"
"oh yeah"
"are you even listening?"
"oh yeah"
"great so anyways apparently you're the father of her kid"
"oh no"

and scene.
Last edited by severed-metal at Mar 2, 2014,
Quote by progbass
And you know better than anyone that I only use them for seductive sexy time. By the by, you still haven't called me

We need to talk about our relationship

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Exodus

This is the name random thrash bands thread right?
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
We need to talk about our relationship

Before you say anything, you should know I am pregnant.
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.