Ok, I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with bugera but here we go. I just received mine today. I went to band practice and pushed the amp quite hard. I played it through a 2x12cab with peavey blue marvels. The other guitarist played through a peavey classic 50. We compaired tone, volume and just sound in general. I actually played it on 10 master, gain and volume for a few just to see if it would blow up. We played for about 6 hours (man, my ears and fingers are sore). Played a jackson most of the night, but played a clapton strat with active pickups for a while just to see what would happen.
I did not use any effects. I have an old processor and a crybaby I plan on using through the loop this week.
I have 30 days to return it, so I plan on putting as much time on it as possible.
All this being said, so far I love the amp. The clean is a little bright with the cheap jackson pickups but nice with the clapton. The gain gets muddy when its real high but you can dial it in real easy and the "hard rock" almost metal sound is easy to find.
So, the amp sounds great but we will see if it lasts.
Yeah, I was keen to hear a sad story about an amp blowing up :P

But even better than that, it is serving you well. Glad you enjoy it.
Wait, is it the new infinium version?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Everyone who hates on Bugera should be required to play the 333 or 333xl infinium series. My God these are amazing amps. I use an XL and the other guitarist uses a regular 333. Incredibly reliable, amazing sound, versatility, and an independent 3 channel all tube head for only $600?! Okay I'm done....
Quote by Random9000
Everyone who hates on Bugera should be required to play the 333 or 333xl infinium series. My God these are amazing amps. I use an XL and the other guitarist uses a regular 333. Incredibly reliable, amazing sound, versatility, and an independent 3 channel all tube head for only $600?! Okay I'm done....

+1

I also play through a 333xl it's a fantastic sounding amp. Their QC is leaps and bounds above the first initial runs.

Glad yer enjoying your new amp mate
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
HNAD - post some clips if you can
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
HNAD. I didn't jive with it, but I'm very picky about my tone. Glad you like it
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
i really liked my v22 for the money i paid.

huge advice, PLEASE swap the preamp tubes. if nothing else do the v1. i would highly recommend a 5751 in v1 and JJs the rest. personally i like 12a7s in the last spot, but some dont like that.

i put a 5751 in my v22 and the gain sounded instantly better, clearer, less fizzy, and more usable. it was night and day.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)

Quote by Random9000

Why? I already owned a JSX.

You know, the original amp that was shamelessly cloned?

Bought and sold for ~$450.

Lets toss amps out of moving trucks and see which one holds up better.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^ I don't think you're gonna have a lot of luck with guitar amps, tube amps in particular

First throwing, you have already ****ed half of the tubes and the transformers and possibly the knobs, depending on how the thing fell.

Though it'd be fun, reliability isn't really defined by that.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
HNAD TS glad you like it

Quote by Random9000

Being a past 333 owner the reliability and build quality sucks ass, but they do sound good.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ikey, thanks for the advise on tubes. I will look into hat. But first, I need a cab. I have a shell built to fit but not sure what speakers. The peavey blue marvels that I borrowed sound ok bit not exactly sure what to get. The other question is, what ohm to run. The amp has settings for 4, 8 and 16.
An x ohm output goes intoan x ohm input (the two x are the same number), with tube power amps it's as simple as that.
So, buy a cab basing yourself on the sound, the impedance will be alright.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Makes me laugh. By "QC is better" they just mean "they don't actually catch fire now." Wow, now there's a slogan to inspire confidence.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Makes me laugh. By "QC is better" they just mean "they don't actually catch fire now." Wow, now there's a slogan to inspire confidence.

So much hate from one man!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Seagull S6
Laney Lionheart L5T

and a bunch pedals...
Quote by Spambot_2
Wait, is it the new infinium version?

To Infinium and Beyond!
Quote by Random9000
Nobody complains about their tone, almost all the Bugera's I've played have sounded excellent (like their Peavey counterparts). Everyone here complains about the reliability and build quality, both of which are hilariously lacking in Bugera's line outside of the V series.

PS - You can pick up used JSX's for around $450. Infinitely better build quality and reliability, and a little better tone.... all while saving $150
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
look at WGS speakers. or eminence. hard to go wrong there. i love my WGS. LOVE them.

givne then overwhelming feedback online, i would say the V series line is the only "right" product bugera makes. no issues there. my V series by no means was "good" quality, but paying for an amp like that for like 250-350 new isnt exactly the going rate for a "Good" quality tube amp either.

and that darn thing help up for 2 years and sounded good doing it. solid to to a bro on craigslist for 200, and im sure its working for him.

in my book, the bugera V series are a darn good deal IN THEIR PRICE RANGE.

i mean, yeah my egnater KILLS it. kills. murders. but the list on my tweaker 40 is nearly 600 bones.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by SHaun Steel
+1

I also play through a 333xl it's a fantastic sounding amp. Their QC is leaps and bounds above the first initial runs.

Glad yer enjoying your new amp mate

No. There is a another victim of Bugeras bad QC at /7/ forums. Amp fried after two weeks.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/264276-i-guess-populous-right.html

Its a lottery. You may or may not get a good one and if you are willing to gamble always buy one from shop with good and long return policy. Buying used is almost like russian roulette.
Apparently the V serie has least problems but if its because they are simpler or are sold less than the high gain models and therefore the issues are not so widespread, I dont know.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
And don't forget 311's huge collection of failures we've seen here at UG.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Bugera definitely stepped up their quality and heating issues. I have one and it beats most of his Marshall's without question
Quote by Redman113
Bugera definitely stepped up their quality and heating issues. I have one and it beats most of his Marshall's without question

I will say that the V series seems/is the best that Bugera has offered, but to say they are better than most Marshall's is completely Idiotic.

TS hope you enjoy the amp and are problem free, but don't hold your breath
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Played for an hour or so at home and let me say. It drowns out the wife yelling on like 3. That's what I'm talking about. Now for the new cab. I think I'm gonna try the matching bugera cab $190. If I don't like the speakers, ill switch to the peavey blue marvels. That's what's in the cab I'm playin through now and its quite sweet.
Bugera speakers are rubbish, take a look at Avatar.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Yeah or look at this cab $279, free shipping, Orange PPC 2x12 style construction, and Celestion G12h30 speakers
www.onlyfactorydirect.comp-2180-2-x-12-guitar-cabinet-with-celestion-woofers-s7212g.aspx
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate