https://soundcloud.com/arghyadeepmitra/sets/comparison-1

Basically, I cooked up 4 patches, using the Mark IV, OR120, SLO and Rectifier models on my pedal. It would be great if you guys could go through the playlist and tell me what sounds best to your ears, and what I could do to improve. Each track is about 30 seconds in length, the same simple riff on all four.

Cheers

EDIT: It's a raw mix, base guitar tracks into cab impulses, and a compressor on master track. That is it. You might need to raise the volume.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
using the Mark IV, OR120, SLO and Rectifier.
wutwutwutwutwutwutwut!!!!

Ah no wait it's just patches.
Daaamn my heart.

Anyway, if it's just a raw mix with no effects and a single tracked guitar, there you have what you can get better.
You can't really judge a guitar tone when it's out of contest 'cause if it sounds good by itself, chances are you'll need to tweak stuff to make it sound good in a mix, and if you make it sound good for a mix it's not at all sure it'll sound good in a different mix.

Then...
you're over-saturating the low end of this.
In every damn mix.
Raise some highs in the guitars and cut some lows.
And double track them and go easy with the reverb.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
MkIV imo
Quote by Cathbard
You, my man, are a gentleman and a scholar.
Quote by Knarrenheino
You hold your guitar upwards from your lap like an erect phallus and tell me I have problems?
Long time no see, mate

I agree with some of the previous posters in that the recto sounds best and that you need to up the high frequencies by a pretty significant amount
Quote by Spambot_2
wutwutwutwutwutwutwut!!!!

Ah no wait it's just patches.
Daaamn my heart.

Anyway, if it's just a raw mix with no effects and a single tracked guitar, there you have what you can get better.
You can't really judge a guitar tone when it's out of contest 'cause if it sounds good by itself, chances are you'll need to tweak stuff to make it sound good in a mix, and if you make it sound good for a mix it's not at all sure it'll sound good in a different mix.

Then...
you're over-saturating the low end of this.
In every damn mix.
Raise some highs in the guitars and cut some lows.
And double track them and go easy with the reverb.

Lol yeah, if they were real, I'd be bragging here XD

It's double tracked though.

And yeah, I noticed the excessive bass. Still not used to new headphones.

So the general consensus seems to the Mark IV and Recto patches. Im thinking of bi amping, IV left and Recto right. What say guys?

@XFilth: And yeah man, been ages had some personal problems so got off guitar, now back in with a vengeance
^^Why limit urself to 2?

The whole beauty of these Amp sims is that you can tweak them perfect for the song.

I guess if u make an entire album a consistent sound is good.

Liked the Recto and Mark amp.

Though the style u played lends itself well to those voicings.

The orange sounded dull, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think if u go for a more dark roomy production, and play a sustained power chord instead of palm mutes, that orange sound would be done a far better justice.

This just a small example for you to think about that an amazing sound for one, could have no value in another passage.

Sound is relative, and having such an upfront dry mid humped synth, makes something like the orange appear darker and/or even dull.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Mar 11, 2014,
The distortions are amazing. Hands down the third won wins
The symphonizer
Quote by xxdarrenxx
^^Why limit urself to 2?

The whole beauty of these Amp sims is that you can tweak them perfect for the song.

I guess if u make an entire album a consistent sound is good.

Liked the Recto and Mark amp.

Though the style u played lends itself well to those voicings.

The orange sounded dull, but not necessarily in a bad way. I think if u go for a more dark roomy production, and play a sustained power chord instead of palm mutes, that orange sound would be done a far better justice.

This just a small example for you to think about that an amazing sound for one, could have no value in another passage.

Sound is relative, and having such an upfront dry mid humped synth, makes something like the orange appear darker and/or even dull.

Well, its all gonna go into a single 25 minute long track, the first section is a bombastic pseudo metalcore death metal y kind of track, loads of palm mutes, so really favouring the Mark and Recto patches, especially after hearing everyone's take.

There IS a section with lots of big chords and leads, zero palm muting, maybe use the Orange patch for that, Mark for leads?

Seems no one likes the SLO patch

Quote by Sympho
The distortions are amazing. Hands down the third won wins

Glad you liked it been struggling to get a tone I like from my pedal, I'm really happy im finally getting decent results now. Third one is the Recto model btw, and even I really like that a lot.