hey ho,

My friend donated me a bass amp because im pretty broke atm. My guitar sounds okay on it (better than playing without an amp hahah). But sadly it has no gain setting, so i was wondering if i buy a distortion pedal for it, would i be able to play songs like unholy confessions from A7x. Or would it still sound like shit since its a bass amp ? Would i be better off buying a guitar amp for 50 bucks or a distortion pedal ? It has 4 Eq settings. ( im pretty new to all this so i have no clue if that info matters)

And how should i set the eq on the bass amp for my guitar to sound as decent as possible?
i have bass, mid-low, mid-high and treble.

so ye thats all ,thx in advance
A guitar amp costing $50 would be a waste of time.

If that's all you've got, then a cheap distortion pedal would be the best option, but it wouldn't sound great through that amp - passable at best. Something like a Joyo perhaps?

Then start saving your money so you can get a real amp somewhere down the line.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
You won't get a good guitar amp for $50. I'm not sure if a distortion pedal would sound good through a bass amp, someone else might know. And it depends on what pedal you would get also. I'm not sure about EQ's though, I've never played guitar through a bass amp.
Quote by chrisyoonyoon
where i'm from it's very different with emotionships
kk thx for the quick reply.
i have a macbook and they have garageband as a default app. u think buying a usb adapter for my guitar cable and using that as my amp would be better? or one of those vox amplugs ?
Quote by notkevin
kk thx for the quick reply.
i have a macbook and they have garageband as a default app. u think buying a usb adapter for my guitar cable and using that as my amp would be better? or one of those vox amplugs ?

That would almost certainly sound better.

Go to the recordings forum & read the interfaces sticky for advice on the kit you'll need, then read the amp sims sticky for advice on amp sims.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
vox amplugs aren't bad. they can sound good enough for headphones.

i've used the irig adapter with amplitube on the ipad but eppicurt says the peavey one is better.

if you only really play through headphones they're okay.

you can grab a used peavy vypyr 15 watt for around $50 has a headphone jack.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.