This was my first FrankenStrat, I actually didn't like Strats until I pieced this one together. I got this as just a promising project consisting of an 02 MIM body, with a Big Tremelo Block, EMG HZ Neck and Jackson J90-C in the bridge, and some god awful wiring and useless switching. I'm fairly new at modding so this was a lot of trial and error and layout changes. I must have wired it 5 times or so, until I was happy with the switch placements and functionality. You'll see in the pics the 3 other necks I had on it at one time or another. The first maple neck was a nicely broken in 95 MIM neck but needed refretted bad, so I sold it for nearly 3 times what I paid for it. I ended up getting a Deryck Whibley Signature Tele for a doner neck. The final product was amazing! I surprised myself and definitely impressed the new owner, which means a lot considering he owns close to 40 guitars some of which are over $10,000 each. The face melting pinch harmonics were intense and the chunk could level a Church. I ended up putting 2 J90-C Pups in her with 1V 1T push pull pots, and 2 3way switches. Here's the Diagram I used http://www.sandbox.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3L11_08/Guitar-Wiring-Diagram-2-Humbuckers3-Way-Lever-Switch1-Volume1-ToneSeries-Split-Parallel-Reverse-Phase-Master-Series-Parallel.html
I sent it away to a friend to have it fully setup and got to enjoy it a day before I drove 2.5 hours to trade it for an Epi Lucille with a gold Bigsby. I had about $150 plus tons of hours that don't count because it's more of an educational experience and the means to trade up which I did in spades.

The Day I got her. I had the dude throw in the pedal with the trade, which it's funny because the guy that gave me Lucille threw in another Ibanez pedal from the same series with the trade.

The rats nest under the hood...Yikes
First round of wiring, stupid me robbed an Affinity series Strat of it Pots. It didn't take long to replace them with CTS pots.

First neck on the right second on the left.

Way too crowded for full CTS pots and switches. I went with Alpha Push pulls and 2 switches. Unfortunately failed to take a pic, it was my nicest and neatest wiring job so far.

Third Neck which is now going on my Reli Teli I'm putting together. It was to rustic for BlackenStrat. That is also the final pick guard and switch placement.

I wanted to leave a tell in the logos so no one in the future would try to pass it off as an original guitar if I went with restoration logos. But the paper outline turned out to be a tell all its own. Oh well I was still pleased with the results. I stuck with the stock black grover tuning keys

My view for about 20 miles or so up in Natural Gas Country on the way to get Lucille

Almost all the girls
Last edited by Reli-Teli at Mar 2, 2014,
I always wanted a Strat with EMGs in them but always worried about where to put a Battery compartment. Where did you put yours?

Everything looks fantastic!
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
They're actually passive Jackson J90-C Pups. Someone hacked one apart just to fit it inside an EMG shell, I don't know why (Shaking Head). I bet depending how your strat is routed you could put it in the middle cavity. I had so much wiring that I kept breaking stuff when trying to fit everything in. So I got out the router and cleared the entire middle section out, with just enough shielding paint to recover it.
The reason why I ask is because I am a huge fan of Pink Floyd and would like to do a "Gilmour Red Strat" with his signature EMGs but it's hard finding a Fender body with a place for a battery. Oh Well. I love that maple neck in the I true of the Squier and the maple neck. Also a sick looking Epi you got there. Amazing collection!
1996 Fender Tex Mex Stratocaster
1994 Ibanez Iceman ICB300 Bass
2011 Custom Gibson Les Paul
1984 Morley Power Wah
Squier P Bass
1983 Peavey Session 500
Line 6 POD 2.0.
Various BOSS Pedals
Pearl Forum Series Drums
I think you could fit a 9v in the middle pickup cavity even if it's routed for a single coil. I'm not sure though I'm running low on project parts laying around I don't have any more strat bodies to try it on. Plus no matter how sloppy your route job might be you can always cover it with a pick guard. Thank you, the collection is always fluctuating. I just got Lucille 1.5 weeks ago and as of Sat she's gone. I traded it for a late 30's Gibson EH-150 combo amp. One guitar that will never go will be the Zakk signature, I finally got the wiring about where I want it, and it's #762 of the first run. Plus it's the longest I've ever owned a guitar, going on 12 years. What can I say I must have bad GAS. I was ready to start looking for an amp to trade the LTD for, but I think she's a keeper. It will be a rare bird some day, I can't find that body and finish anywhere used and only 1 place new.