Been setting up my own guitars recently. The only thing I haven't touched is the truss rod.

One of my electrics seems like it might need a small adjustment. If I capo the first and 22nd fret I have a small gap at the 9th fret. About the width of 2 business cards. What I have read suggests it should be the thickness of 1 business card. It doesn't seem to be a problem in anyway, but Id like everything being perfect.

Is it worth giving the truss a small turn? I am nervous cause I live in dry weather.

Would it be smarter to just take the strings off for an hour? A day? Could that over do it?
Keep in mind that the business card thing is just a general rule of thumb. Adjust to your comfort for best results.

But yes, your guitar should have come with a hex wrench to make the adjustment. Which guitar is it, by the way?

Position yourself at the top of the headstock so you are looking down the string towards the bridge. You will turn the trussrod clockwise to take bow out of the neck. You will only need to make quarter turns at a time for small adjustments.
Turn it clockwise (righty-tighty) 1/4 turn and retune. Don't overtighten it if it won't turn.

You don't need to remove any strings. You won't break it.
Thanks. I have the right hex, but like you said, it's a comfort thing and I have no complaints as is.
Quote by Virgman
Turn it clockwise (righty-tighty) 1/4 turn and retune. Don't overtighten it if it won't turn.

You don't need to remove any strings. You won't break it.

No you don't have to remove the strings, but they need to be slacked so the neck can move easily
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate