Page 1 of 2
So the Oscars are tonight, watched it the last three years and will be doing so again tonight.

Anyone have any predictions for the winners? I haven't seen all the films nominated but I stay pretty well informed on films I haven't seen. Even so, my predictions may be completely wrong, which is where the discussion comes in!

My guesses are these:

Best Picture: Probably 12 Years A Slave

Lead Actor: This one I have no idea. I want to say Chiwetel Eijofor but realistically Bale, DiCaprio and McConaughey all have a chance. I am amazed Tom Hanks wasn't even nominated for Captain Philips, that has to be his best performance to date.

Lead Actress: No idea, I guess Sandra Bullock could win for Gravity but I would be very surprised.

Supporting Actor: I would put my money on Barkhad Abdi for Captain Philips but again most of them stand a chance.

Supporting Actress: I haven't seen enough to say.

Animated: From what I hear Frozen is supposed to be very good, so I guess I'd bank on it. Despicable Me 2 was alright but I am surprised it was nominated.

Cinematography: Almost certainly Gravity.

Directing: I guess Scorsese, possibly David O. Russell.

Editing: Captain Philips I would vote for.

Makeup and Hairstyling: Well, seeing as how Jackass: Bad Grandpa was nominated I have to vote for it, to see a film like that win an Oscar would be great.

Sound Editing: Well, I want to say the Hobbit as the sound was fantastic, but I reckon Gravity will take it as nothing like that has ever really been done on that scale.

Sound Mixing: Same as above.

Visual Effects: I really don't know. Smaug was incredible in the Hobbit, but I don't know if it will be enough to beat Gravity.

Adapted Screenplay: Either Captain Phillips or Wolf of Wall Street.
I'd love to watch them if they were actually showing it on a subscribed channel. Damn you Richard Branson

Quote by GuitarGod_92
Pacific Rim, Riddick, and You're Next were all snubbed so I have no interest in the Oscars.

Maybe they were shite
best pic: 12 years
lead actor: chiwetel or dicaprio
lead actress: bullock (ugh)
supporting actor: leto
animated: frozen since the wind rises didn't get much publicity but i think that would be more worthy
cinematography: gravity
directing: scorcese or mcqueen
documentary: act of killing
editing: gravity
score: her, possibly gravity
visual effects: gravity
pretty much everything technological: gravity
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Wolf of Wall Street for best picture!

But really, anything besides American Hustle or Dallas Buyers Club
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Basti95
I'd love to watch them if they were actually showing it on a subscribed channel. Damn you Richard Branson

I see you are in the UK, you can subscribe to NowTV. Basically it's a service that lets you stream (legally) TV channels to your computer. It has a month free before it starts charging you, so have a look at it and you can cancel tomorrow after the Oscars. The ceremony starts at 1:30AM on the Sky Oscars channel.
Leo to win.

That is all
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by Random3
I see you are in the UK, you can subscribe to NowTV. Basically it's a service that lets you stream (legally) TV channels to your computer. It has a month free before it starts charging you, so have a look at it and you can cancel tomorrow after the Oscars. The ceremony starts at 1:30AM on the Sky Oscars channel.

No way i can stay up for that :/ i'll have to catch the highlights
kendrick lamar better not get snubbed again
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
josh homme sucks and im happy he didnt win

sunbather better get best rap album this time
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Dying to know who wins Best Makeup.

Jared Leto, clearly.

Has anyone tried the Now TV stream? I've just registered but it's totally unclear as to whether or not the ceremony will actually be available for anyone on a free trial.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by TJ1991
Has anyone tried the Now TV stream? I've just registered but it's totally unclear as to whether or not the ceremony will actually be available for anyone on a free trial.

I'm doing the same, and I am assuming it is fine. I doubt they would remove the stream because otherwise people who genuinely wanted to sign up for NowTV not just for the Oscars wouldn't be able to watch it.
Quote by Random3
I'm doing the same, and I am assuming it is fine. I doubt they would remove the stream because otherwise people who genuinely wanted to sign up for NowTV not just for the Oscars wouldn't be able to watch it.

Well, hoping for the best! I just hate how there's no information, or link to it, or anything like that yet.
Quote by Andron17

Quote by TJ1991
Well, hoping for the best! I just hate how there's no information, or link to it, or anything like that yet.

I've clicked the Live Movies tab on the website and it lists all the channels and what is currently playing. Sky have done a dedicated channel for the Oscars and currently they are showing Argo, presumably followed by the Red Carpet. So currently we can watch what they are airing so I think for them to disable one particular event for trial users would be a bit of effort.
Quote by Random3
I've clicked the Live Movies tab on the website and it lists all the channels and what is currently playing. Sky have done a dedicated channel for the Oscars and currently they are showing Argo, presumably followed by the Red Carpet. So currently we can watch what they are airing so I think for them to disable one particular event for trial users would be a bit of effort.

Ah I didn't see that they were on the Oscars channel. That clears it up, thanks
Quote by Andron17

Cate Blanchette to win best actress. If she dosen't, she was robbed, but of course, she will win.
The Wolf of Wall Street should win everything.

Except best Actress and Supporting Actress because Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence.
Best picture: Dallas Buyers Club
Best Actor in a Leading Role: Matthew McConaughey
Best Actress in a Leading Role: Sandra Bullock
Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Michael Fassbender *UPSET ALERT*
Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Jennifer Lawrence
Best Cinematography: Gravity (Emmanuel Lubezki) (DEAKINS NEEDS A MAKE UP WIN THOUGH YOU ACADEMY ****ERS BETTER GIVE HIM ONE SOON)
Best Directing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón) (there's no one else this could go to, what he did was incredible and innovative. If anybody else wins it'll be a huge upset. This is as close to a sure thing as possible).
Best Documentary Feature: The Act of Killing
Best Film Editing: Gravity (Alfonso Cuarón, Mark Sanger)
Best Foreign Language Film: The Hunt
Best Production Design: American Hustle (Judy Becker, Heather Loeffler)
Best Original Screenplay: Her (Spike Jonze)
Best Visual Effects: Gravity (Tim Webber, Chris Lawrence, Dave Shirk, Neil Corbould) (I mean, come on)
Best Adapted Screenplay: 12 Years a Slave (John Ridley)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
^those are some weird choices bruh

well, a couple. but i don't know what i'm talking about
Quote by Sliide90027

Quote by MusicLord16
I thought I played it really safe, save Fassbender. 12 Years is a toss up for best picture. McConaughey has that shit on lock. Hollywood's got a love affair for jlaw. Gravity should have everything technical locked up.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If Jennifer Lawrence wins for American Hustle it's so ****ed up it's unreal.
I think it's her or Lupita Nyong'o.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

man, **** j-law. she's like the person equivalent of the big bang theory
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Quote by TEK34
JLaw's perfect stfu

you're no different to me than someone who likes rage comics
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Never seen a movie that she has been in. Am I missing out? Am I a better person for never having seen her beyond the gifs of her doing and saying "cute" things?
Quote by lushacrous

realest post in this thread

Quote by lushacrous

This, so much
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Are we doing predictions or championing? Cuz I can do the second:

Best Pic: Not picking one, sorry. I want Her, Nebraska, 12 Years, WOWS, Gravity and Captain Philips to win this.
Best Lead Dude: Bruce Dern, Nebraska. Please.
Best Lead Lady: Cate Blanchett, duh.
Best Supporting Actor: Jonah Hill, WOWS. Or Fassbender, 12 Years A Slave.
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle. Who else?
Best Animated: I haven't seen a single film in this category.
Best Cinematography: GRAVITY! WHO THE **** ELSE?
Best Costume Design: 12 Years A Slave.
Best Director: I guess I'm satisfied as long as it's not "you know who".
Best Docu: The Act Of Killing. Duh.
Best Docu Short: Just kidding lol
Best Editing: GRAVITY! IS ANYONE REALLY QUESTIONING THIS? (Okay, but I'm also cheering for 12 Years here. "Best editing" is such a weird phrase, god)
Best Foreign Film: Omar. Sorry but it'll be a tragedy to me if any other film wins. Probably among my favorite films of 2013 and I don't care I'm crying racism if it doesn't win. I'm serious.

Lemme skip a few.

Best Original Screenplay: HER. Don't you dare give this to anyone else.

Quote by lushacrous

You are the person equivalent of papercuts and toilet water.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Mar 2, 2014,
Quote by Random3
I am amazed Tom Hanks wasn't even nominated for Captain Philips, that has to be his best performance to date.
For real, his acting (especially in the ending) had me getting kind of emotional. One of the best performances I've ever seen.
Page 1 of 2