Should I get new hi hats? or a 13" tom? My current hats seem a bit too dark to me for my setup, but they do work just fine I suppose. Should I complete the body of my set before I try to perfect the little details, or just go straight for the hats? My setup is a tama starclassic B/B sizes 10,12, 16, 18, 22. My current hats are 13.25 K custom hybrids, and the rest of my cymbals are AA/AAX with a Paiste dark metal ride 22", and I play metal.
Last edited by f***EVERYTHING at Mar 2, 2014,
Kinda depends on what you have right now, I guess... You didn't give a whole lot of information...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well do you really want a 13" TOM? Some people are totally satisfied with having 10" to 12" rack toms and then going for the 16" and 18" floor toms. However, if you really want that extra tom, it seems like a good idea since you've already got a perfectly good pair of hi-hats. You can always replace them later, but you can't just magic something out of thin air if you don't have it.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
What exactly is wrong with your hats that you want different ones? I have those hats and have yet to try anything that I enjoyed better that would work for heavier music... And I've tried A LOT. That being said, 13" is probably my least favorite tom size. I'd go 10/12/14/16 and sell the 18, personally. I used yo play a pretty big set and now play 1 up 1 down or 1 up 2 down at most.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You say you play metal? If you're trying to work toward having a traditional "big" metal kit....... I say go for the tom since your complaint about your hats seems to be minor at best.