Hey guys,
So unfortunately I stripped the bolt for my Truss Rod while adjusting the bow in the neck the other week. As of right now my guitar is playing fine and it is lined up fine, but I know in the future I am going to have to re-adjust it. Im always in different weather conditions because I gig in a band. Am I screwed or is there a way to fix? Its a Schecter Hellraiser C-1.
Unfortunately you have screwed yourself pretty damn hard. There is no easy or cheap way to fix a stripped truss rod.

Find out what sort of nut is there to adjust the truss rod. Presumably it's the type like what Epiphones have where you have what is essentially a bolt on the end of the truss rod that you use to adjust it. Then go to a guitar shop and ask for a quote. The alternative is to see if the truss rod repair kit Stewmac has will work. Although it is an insanely expensive kit, something like $300 when you include shipping and tax. And even then, no guarantee that the kit will actually help you.

If none of those options work, you could try cutting a slot across the top of the truss rod nut, which will allow you to adjust the truss rod with a flathead screwdriver. It's crude, but it might be your only other option.

EDIT: I've just had a brainwave.

You know that last idea I suggested? You could execute that idea with relative ease by taking a piece of allen wrench stock that fits into the truss rod bolt, cut a slot on one end of the allen wrench a few mm deep (with a dremel) to allow you to get a flathead screwdriver over it. Then cut off the stock to length, and then superglue it into the stripped truss rod bolt. Again, pretty crude solution to your problem, but I'll allow you to adjust the truss rod again.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Mar 2, 2014,
Thanks for the reply, and yea I knew as soon as it happened that I was sort of screwed. Ill look into trying to cut out a slot to fit a flathead screw driver in. If I had to pay more than $300 dollars I would rather try and fail and go buy a new guitar since the fretboard is already a bit screwed up on it. Oh well. Looks like ill have to get creative when the time comes to adjust it again. Might use your idea...
also string gauge changes can help add or release tension. and dont ever take all the strings off at once anymore.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011