Do you/your family members/friends have any of those "for dummies" books?

My sister has meditation for dummies. I think these have to be very popular (or at least were) with people who don't know about the internet.
I remember seeing Windows 95 for dummies somewhere, but it was quite a while ago.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
I had Guitar for Dummies, my dad probably has some freaky shit, my mam has Online Geneology for Dummies and some Nikon camera model for dummies.
put down guitar for dummies and get yrself

i have one for wordpress. kinda helped.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I have Forensic Psychology for Dummies. Cost about one tenth the price of the recommended textbook for that class. Got 65% overall so I guess it worked.
I have a few that I haven't cracked open in years. They're handy references if memory serves, but all of them I bought about things that I'm not interested in anymore.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Rock Guitar for Dummies
Complete MBA for Dummies
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
I have ethics for dummies.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
I have Home Recording For Musician's For Dummies laying around somewhere.

The internet is great, and I've learned a ton on it, but sometimes you need to have something that straight tells you what's up rather than listening to a bunch of know-it-alls with differing opinions and bad grammar try to explain it.

It's laughable asking people on Reddit what the difference between 'Mixing' and 'Mastering' is or to explain what a 'bass trap' is and how to fix it.
Quote by LostLegion
listening to niggas caught for coke possession. I listen to my music how I live my life. Clean

best buju story
In 2007 Banton was allegedly among a number of reggae artists who signed a pledge, the Reggae Compassionate Act, created by the Stop Murder Music campaign, to refrain from performing homophobic songs or making homophobic statements,[16] but he later denied that he had made any such commitment.[17]
i have the C++ for dummies, and its pretty good. not all the examples are prefect after learning the language, but it did set me in the right direction. would buy it again
I have one for microsoft application or some C++ shizz, and I think i have one for a math course .
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Last edited by k.lainad at Mar 2, 2014,
I met my friends college roommate and he's a huge ****ing ******. He's so into EDM it's obnoxious.
organic chemistry, calculus, and feng shui for dummies

first two are mine (birthday presents from my dad lol) and feng shui is my mom's
cat
Like many here I have the 'Guitar for Dummies' book. It's kind of useful but not exactly The Hitchhiker's Guide to Guitar.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Quote by homeless-john
I have Forensic Psychology for Dummies. Cost about one tenth the price of the recommended textbook for that class. Got 65% overall so I guess it worked.

Wtf that's failing though.
I know there's something like that in an unpacked box somewhere. Probably related to home/appliance repair or sewing.
Quote by TheChaz

Nah here 70% is like a first or some shit. We just get given ludicrous tests I think
I got Ventriloquism for Dummies. But to be honest, I don't know how else you'd do it except with a dummy.

Quote by TheChaz

In the UK 65% would be a 2:1, equivalent of a B I guess. 70+ would be a first, which is the top grade boundry (excluding first with honours or merit or whatever it's called). It's very different to lower school marking though, where yeah 65 would be a bit of a shit mark.

I think the boundaries are adjusted slightly to reflect the spread of actual marks (so not everyone can get firsts), but I'm not sure.

It is a bit stupid in some ways though, as in essay based subjects it's very rare, if not impossible, to get 80 or higher. Not to imply it's easy to get 95 in a maths or science module, but it's at least possible.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I got Ventriloquism for Dummies. But to be honest, I don't know how else you'd do it except with a dummy.

In the UK 65% would be a 2:1, equivalent of a B I guess. 70+ would be a first, which is the top grade boundry (excluding first with honours or merit or whatever it's called). It's very different to lower school marking though, where yeah 65 would be a bit of a shit mark.

I think the boundaries are adjusted slightly to reflect the spread of actual marks (so not everyone can get firsts), but I'm not sure.

It is a bit stupid in some ways though, as in essay based subjects it's very rare, if not impossible, to get 80 or higher. Not to imply it's easy to get 95 in a maths or science module, but it's at least possible.

i just might have to transfer to the UK for my gen. eds.
I didn't have Guitar for Dummies, I had "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing the Guitar"

my mum bought it for me lol
Quote by Dregen
i just might have to transfer to the UK for my gen. eds.

Exams and such are made/marked with these grade boundaries in mind though. If somewhere else you were getting 90 and thus doing fine, then you wouldn't still be getting 90s in the UK. Exams will be made and marked on the assumption that 70+ is very good, and thus be as difficult to get.
Quote by MadClownDisease
Exams and such are made/marked with these grade boundaries in mind though. If somewhere else you were getting 90 and thus doing fine, then you wouldn't still be getting 90s in the UK. Exams will be made and marked on the assumption that 70+ is very good, and thus be as difficult to get.

...damn

guess i'll just have to stop being a lazy pile
I have music theory for dummies. I like them they're a good introduction to most subjects.
Quote by MinterMan22
put down guitar for dummies and get yrself

Is that Alex Turner on the right?
My old signature was too long. Have a daisy.