I'm looking at 3 types of Teles: Squier Affinity, Squier Vintage Modified, or a MIM Tele. What's the quality on each of these? Could I buy a bridge that I can put a whammy bar on it for around 30 bucks?
you can get a Bigsby for a Tele, but it'll cost quite a bit more than $30.

If you absolutely want a Tele with a trem, and you're on a tight budget, I'd recommend this:
http://www.rondomusic.com/furrianhh3ts.html

If you have more money:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleCabBigBk?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CIzYvM7W9bwCFQfNOgod6WEAqg
Last edited by peskypesky at Mar 3, 2014,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Mar 3, 2014,
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Quote by PiercedBand
I'm looking at 3 types of Teles: Squier Affinity, Squier Vintage Modified, or a MIM Tele. What's the quality on each of these?

My experience with Squier Affinity series guitars has been very good over the years, but i've heard some complaints here and there.

Between the Squier Vintage Modified series and a MIM Fender, i'd try before i buy, since some of those Squiers are better than those Fenders, and vice-versa. The comparison results depends on the specific guitars you have available on the store to try, really.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
The vintage modfied and classic vibe are miles better than the affinity series. I'd get the best tele in your budget, probably the classic vibe and then save up after and attatch the bigsby when you have the money q
Fender Baja Telecaster
Gretsch G5422tdc
Fender Classic Player Jazzmaster
Vox AC15C1
Do I have to do something with the bridge if I want to change tunings if I have the Bigsby?
Only if the tuning is so different that you have to change strings.