Im looking to sell my HT-5c and use it to fund a Pod HD "Bean". I dont want the floor model cos i dont have the space. I already have a pedalboard. The Pod would be used for quiet practice at home and maybe some recording stuff in Garageband.

Just wondering if anyone has used it and if they can offer any insight into how good it is. Or does anyone have any alternatives to suggest (no AxeFX suggestions please, i cant afford it)? Are the parameters on the pedal as easy to adjust as on the Line 6 M series (i have the M5)?

Obviously i want something that sounds great but ease of use is also very important to me, I dont wanna have to spend 10mins cycling through 5 menus just to turn the speed up on a chorus effect or something

Budget approx £200

Thoughts/advice/suggestions/abuse?

EDIT: I know i said i wasnt interested in the floor unit but i was just looking at a Zoom G5 and it looks really good. Are the too comparable?
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Mar 3, 2014,
I have the HD500 and I have been fairly happy with it. Overall the learning curve isn't to bad but you can go pretty deep on the tweaking of the effects. Definitely want to spend some time with the manuals though to get the most out of it.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Sweetwater has the POD HD desktop unit new for $200 (normally $400), they may be discontinuing it or something based on 50% off. I see you're in england so you not be able to buy from sweetwater but maybe a store over there has a similar deal.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PodHD/

I'm pretty sure this does everything the HD500 floor unit does and is a step up from the POD 2.0 units.
HD units are incredibly superior to the old PODs. More warmth and life to the modeling.
Probably the best Multi FX for that price range besides the Axe-FX stuff.
Quote by demonhellcat
Sweetwater has the POD HD desktop unit new for $200 (normally $400), they may be discontinuing it or something based on 50% off. I see you're in england so you not be able to buy from sweetwater but maybe a store over there has a similar deal.

I'm pretty sure this does everything the HD500 floor unit does and is a step up from the POD 2.0 units.

I think they're discounting the HD version because they're coming out with an HD "X" version (to match the HD 500x, etc.). I have one of the Pod HD "beans" stuffed into an Atomic Reactor 212-50 at the moment. Nice piece. Its predecessors were the Pod 2.0, the Pod XT, the Pod X3.
Quote by demonhellcat

Thomman are currently selling them for about £200. Theyre surprisingly hard to find, new. Im thinking second hand will be the way to go on this one