Page 1 of 2
I know there's more important shtuff going on, but still...

It's like memes are a defining part of our generation, i mean are they going to be studied by even-more-braindead sons of our sons one day?

When they first appeared i did find them funny, as a 12 year old they were great. But now...really?

Anyone else want to grumble about stuff?
I would personally would find it hillarious if people 1000 years from now studied the lolwut pear.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Because there are a new generation of 12 year olds using the internet so that's why they are still around.
they're not a new thing at all. the internet has changed the way we tell jokes, that's all.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Some of them are great. Most of them are shite. It's cool as long as you don't go to reddit tho.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
And another thing: Tumblr. Screenshots of lame people making lame puns and others replying with "OMG LAME PUN" followed by a Supernatural.gif and a circlejerk
Quote by Basti95
And another thing: Tumblr. Screenshots of lame people making lame puns and others replying with "OMG LAME PUN" followed by a Supernatural.gif and a circlejerk

Why do you use Tumblr? >_>

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by Basti95

Who doesn't like a circle jerk?
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Why do you use Tumblr? >_>

I don't, I swear! But every time i go looking for funnies half the pictures are Tumblr screenshots
Quote by Basti95
I don't, I swear! But every time i go looking for funnies half the pictures are Tumblr screenshots

True that.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Because there are new ones still waiting to be made, same with gifs.
Whats goes around must come down
I like gifs, there are a lot more of them around so they don't get way too over-used
Quote by soundgarden1986
internet memes as a whole are pretty lame, but nothing is worse than that stupid ****ing doge thing.

wow
Quote by soundgarden1986
internet memes as a whole are pretty lame, but nothing is worse than that stupid ****ing doge thing.

such hate
Quote by soundgarden1986

wow
much anger
very dislike
such disapprove
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Memes have existed as long as pop-culture has existed. Not likely to change any time soon. I don't know why people act like the internet sparked a meme revolution.
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by soundgarden1986

personally i quite like doge but it has been ridiculously overused by everyone, corporations and such
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
Memes have existed as long as pop-culture has existed. Not likely to change any time soon. I don't know why people act like the internet sparked a meme revolution.

what memes were there before the internet??
Quote by Basti95

most of the things you call "trend" can also be named as memes I guess. Hawai shirts, backpack pins etc

edit: sorry those are meme products. not meme. meme is the idea or trend itself
Last edited by arcanom at Mar 3, 2014,
Quote by Basti95

Meme
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition and replication in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

Its not only pictures. Any quotes, accents, popular cultural icons, etc... You go far enough back, language, of any sort, can be considered a meme.

EDIT: Anybody can look back at their childhood in grade school and remember all the stupid shit you and your friends were repeating, just 'cause.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Last edited by Rust_in_Peace34 at Mar 3, 2014,
If you really need it explaining to you, you probably shouldn't have access to the internet.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Ah, fair enough. Well i meant internet memes, in the current common sense of the word (albeit flawed)
Well I meant the same idea applies to internet memes (not gonna go away anytime soon). It's just a new medium to express them in and faster.
Quote by mcw00t

Quote by elguitarrista3

I only use the memes to text me frands with gets my point across much clearer
Whats goes around must come down
Remember that weird 'S' that every kid used to draw in their notebooks? Everyone recognised the symbol, but nobody knew where it came from or what it meant. That was a pre-internet meme.
It's easier to use a template and/or someone else's creative thought to be funny than it is to come up with something original. Plus it's like an "inside joke" for all the losers on the internet with no real friends.
Quote by sashki
Remember that weird 'S' that every kid used to draw in their notebooks? Everyone recognised the symbol, but nobody knew where it came from or what it meant.

Uhm no
Quote by Basti95
Uhm no

Really? You never saw this?

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
Really? You never saw this?

We called it the ghetto S

Draw six vertical lines and the connect them in the special way
Quote by sashki
Remember that weird 'S' that every kid used to draw in their notebooks? Everyone recognised the symbol, but nobody knew where it came from or what it meant. That was a pre-internet meme.

yessssss

Never saw that S
Another pre-internet meme, though, is shouting "Free Bird" at concerts. That's definitely a meme-like meme. And dumber than most internet memes probably.
Page 1 of 2