had to give it a listen just because of the title lol.
im going to be honest, post hardcore isn't really my thing, but the acoustic version I gotta say is really nice. almost sounds like a modern film score, kind of in the style of clint mansell or hanz zimmer. overall I like the acoustic one much better, but again im not much of a posthardcore person so take from that what you will lol.
Cool song! Nice solo guitar riffs. It would really nice recorded and with vocals.
I think the intro would be more interesting with more complex rhythm guitar and/or bass parts.

All of this sounds good, but it also sounds pretty empty. I'd try a suboctave pedal on your lead guitar, or bigger chords from the rhythm. That, or try having the lead guitar play an octave lower. Some delay and other effects would also made the lead fuller.

The soft chorus was a nice touch.

The extra layers on the bigger chorus are really nice, sounds a lot fuller. The section afterwards is cool too.

Overall, I think it was really good, and I think with some of the changes I mentioned (octave pedal, delay, bigger chords, more complex bass parts) it could be even better. Good work.

C4C?
Links are in my sig.
Last edited by herby190 at Mar 21, 2014,
not too bad man, definitely had potential. it was just really repetitive. the chorus was fine, but i got sick of it by the end just because of how many times i heard it

if you want to really step up your post-hardcore game, look up some of sub1uk's songs on here. hes a post-hardcore god lol
Cheers guys, I realise it probably sounds empty without the vocals on top (meant to have like 3 layers of singers going at it TREOS-style).

pAWN: yeah I really like his stuff (and yours too) but honestly I'm a shit guitar player especially when singing at the same time so I need to keep things simpler. I mean I can tab all sorts of crazy stuff out but I like to be able to play it as well
Quote by allthatichug

pAWN: yeah I really like his stuff (and yours too) but honestly I'm a shit guitar player especially when singing at the same time so I need to keep things simpler. I mean I can tab all sorts of crazy stuff out but I like to be able to play it as well

well yeah, he writes prog post hardcore, so his stuff is pretty spazzy and intricate. obviously that style isnt for everyone lol but i mean in terms of chords or just overall sound

scary kids scaring kids a good post hardcore band for less intricate stuff like yours